More bags :) Peak Design Everyday Messenger

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sgreszcz, Jul 23, 2015.

1. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    Just in case we didn't have enough bags (I'm talking about myself here).

My standard bag is the Lowepro Compuday 250 backpack. I can fit a couple mu-43 cameras in the side-accessible pocket. The rest of the bag holds stuff (mostly kid stuff), and can hold up to a 15" laptop.

I have a Thinktank Mirrorless Mover 5 for when I'm just out with my LX-100, and I'm thinking of getting a Mirrorless Mover 10 for my EM-5 II with slightly larger lenses.

I don't have a more formal/messenger style bag, and this one looks excellent and very well thought out:

I've got a couple of Peak Design capture clips and the wrist strap / sling system and really like their stuff. This bag is on kickstarter now. I have no affiliation, but just been happy with their products.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    This bag ticks a lot of my boxes. Tempting. Expensive, but tempting.

3. technographer

technographer New to Mu-43

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree, the high quality and versatility of this bag is a plus. A little expensive, but other quality bags that have both function and form are much more than this, it's worth considering. Thanks for sharing!

4. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Looks like a very well thought out bag. Those PD guys are pretty good at what they do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Seems a little big for MFT, but nice. I'm a PD customer already. Look forward to seeing if they create an entire line of bags.

6. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    The reason I like the size is that I can fit a laptop and everyday stuff and a small camera in there. I don't really like tiny bags that only for camera kit for urban use (which is where I use shoulder bags).

7. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Seems a bit big (i.e. 15" laptop) and wide but looks like a bag with a lot of thought put into it's design. If they came out with a slightly smaller (i.e. 13" laptop) bag, I'd be interested.

I've been using a Billingham Hadley Pro bag as my main bag for the past 3~4 years and I wouldn't want anything bigger. Even the Hadley Pro, when loaded, gets a bit heavy on the shoulder for all day use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I like it! Of course, I have bag thing ...... I emailed PD and asked what the dimensions are as I did not see them on the Kickstarter site nor the couple of review sites that show the bag. The bag does remind me a little of the Tenba DNA series of bags, specifically the DNA 13.

9. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Specs from the fans
    Specs:
    - Capacity: 20.5L max, 13.5L min
    - Size: 45cm x 29cm x 14cm (the bag can expand and contract greatly - the specs represent an average load)
    - Weight: 1100g (empty)
    - Strap Length: Adjustable from 78cm to 142cm

10. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Thanks, Fred, I did not see those. It is a big bag, particularly in width.

11. luck002

luck002 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2015
    Somewhere in Indonesia
    Abu
    I believe they will make the smaller versions in the future, especially if it sell well.

In the mean time, I'll stay with my Retro 5.

12. chrisada

chrisada Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2014
    Thailand
    Those straps don't look particularly comfortable to me. Wide, but not a lot of padding.

13. Repp

Repp Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Seoul, South Korea
    I too would like a smaller version, actually two smaller versions. A medium sized bag that could hold a 13" laptop, and then a small sized bag that could hold a 7" sized tablet (like an Ipad Mini). That would provide me with enough space to also haul my full kit (2 bodies 5-6 lenses/flash), or just my walk-around kit (1 body 2-3 lenses) depending on what I was doing for that day.

14. fredlong

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Padding is inside the strap

15. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    I decided to order one of these as I have a backpack, but no formal/messenger bag. I like that it is a little bigger so that if I am shooting an event, I can carry more gear and if I'm going to work, my laptop and a jacket, etc.

I do agree there is room for peak design to make a smaller bag although I do have smaller bags, like the mirrorless mover 5 just for my camera.

16. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    This is dangerous. I now have almost as many bags as I have lenses. Where will this end? :rolleyes:

17. fredlong

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    It never ends. I expect to be searching the Internet for the PERFECT BAG from my death bed.

Fred

• Like Like x 2
  18. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    ..... or beyond.

19. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I can remember having more bags than lenses :-(

20. chrisada

chrisada Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2014
    Thailand
    I know they say it is internally padded, but no matter how I look in the video the strap is still very thin, even at the shoulder area. Given the size of it, I have my doubt about how comfortable it will be to carry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.