1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

More bags :) Peak Design Everyday Messenger

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sgreszcz, Jul 23, 2015.

1. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    Just in case we didn't have enough bags (I'm talking about myself here).

My standard bag is the Lowepro Compuday 250 backpack. I can fit a couple mu-43 cameras in the side-accessible pocket. The rest of the bag holds stuff (mostly kid stuff), and can hold up to a 15" laptop.

I have a Thinktank Mirrorless Mover 5 for when I'm just out with my LX-100, and I'm thinking of getting a Mirrorless Mover 10 for my EM-5 II with slightly larger lenses.

I don't have a more formal/messenger style bag, and this one looks excellent and very well thought out:

I've got a couple of Peak Design capture clips and the wrist strap / sling system and really like their stuff. This bag is on kickstarter now. I have no affiliation, but just been happy with their products.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    This bag ticks a lot of my boxes. Tempting. Expensive, but tempting.

3. technographer

technographer New to Mu-43

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree, the high quality and versatility of this bag is a plus. A little expensive, but other quality bags that have both function and form are much more than this, it's worth considering. Thanks for sharing!

4. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Looks like a very well thought out bag. Those PD guys are pretty good at what they do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Seems a little big for MFT, but nice. I'm a PD customer already. Look forward to seeing if they create an entire line of bags.

6. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    The reason I like the size is that I can fit a laptop and everyday stuff and a small camera in there. I don't really like tiny bags that only for camera kit for urban use (which is where I use shoulder bags).

7. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Seems a bit big (i.e. 15" laptop) and wide but looks like a bag with a lot of thought put into it's design. If they came out with a slightly smaller (i.e. 13" laptop) bag, I'd be interested.

I've been using a Billingham Hadley Pro bag as my main bag for the past 3~4 years and I wouldn't want anything bigger. Even the Hadley Pro, when loaded, gets a bit heavy on the shoulder for all day use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I like it! Of course, I have bag thing ...... I emailed PD and asked what the dimensions are as I did not see them on the Kickstarter site nor the couple of review sites that show the bag. The bag does remind me a little of the Tenba DNA series of bags, specifically the DNA 13.

9. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Specs from the fans
    Specs:
    - Capacity: 20.5L max, 13.5L min
    - Size: 45cm x 29cm x 14cm (the bag can expand and contract greatly - the specs represent an average load)
    - Weight: 1100g (empty)
    - Strap Length: Adjustable from 78cm to 142cm

10. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Thanks, Fred, I did not see those. It is a big bag, particularly in width.

11. luck002

luck002 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2015
    Somewhere in Indonesia
    Abu
    I believe they will make the smaller versions in the future, especially if it sell well.

In the mean time, I'll stay with my Retro 5.

12. chrisada

chrisada Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2014
    Thailand
    Those straps don't look particularly comfortable to me. Wide, but not a lot of padding.

13. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I too would like a smaller version, actually two smaller versions. A medium sized bag that could hold a 13" laptop, and then a small sized bag that could hold a 7" sized tablet (like an Ipad Mini). That would provide me with enough space to also haul my full kit (2 bodies 5-6 lenses/flash), or just my walk-around kit (1 body 2-3 lenses) depending on what I was doing for that day.

14. fredlong

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Padding is inside the strap

15. sgreszcz

sgreszcz Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    I decided to order one of these as I have a backpack, but no formal/messenger bag. I like that it is a little bigger so that if I am shooting an event, I can carry more gear and if I'm going to work, my laptop and a jacket, etc.

I do agree there is room for peak design to make a smaller bag although I do have smaller bags, like the mirrorless mover 5 just for my camera.

16. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    This is dangerous. I now have almost as many bags as I have lenses. Where will this end? :rolleyes:

17. fredlong

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    It never ends. I expect to be searching the Internet for the PERFECT BAG from my death bed.

Fred

• Like Like x 2
  18. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    ..... or beyond.

19. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I can remember having more bags than lenses :-(

20. chrisada

chrisada Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2014
    Thailand
    I know they say it is internally padded, but no matter how I look in the video the strap is still very thin, even at the shoulder area. Given the size of it, I have my doubt about how comfortable it will be to carry.