More Anti-Blur

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I can't say I'm too excited to have a Microsoft product in any of my cameras, nor do I think it's something camera makers like Panasonic or Olympus are likely to adopt in lieu of, or in conjunction with their own IS technologies. It's probably something best left for cell phone cameras.

What would be really cool is to have a software solution that could remove motion blur from images in PP somehow by doing a reverse blur algorithm. That I could stand behind =).

hmpws

Mu-43 Regular
I can't say I'm too excited to have a Microsoft product in any of my cameras, nor do I think it's something camera makers like Panasonic or Olympus are likely to adopt in lieu of, or in conjunction with their own IS technologies. It's probably something best left for cell phone cameras.

What would be really cool is to have a software solution that could remove motion blur from images in PP somehow by doing a reverse blur algorithm. That I could stand behind =).
You can deconvolve the blurred images providing you know the point spread function (PSF) :rolleyes:, obtaining that is the hard part though.

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You can deconvolve the blurred images providing you know the point spread function (PSF) :rolleyes:, obtaining that is the hard part though.
I can imagine some software that gives you some options for doing that could take care of the math involved in that operation. Motion blur, or the most part, is probably fairly predictable in direction and magnitude unless we're talking about a 'B' setting with someone moving the camera around a lot on purpose.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom