1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

More Anti-Blur

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by OzRay, Aug 2, 2010.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Microsoft Anti-Blur Algorithm Saves Photos From Your Shaky Hands | Gizmodo Australia

Combined with IS, this could improve things even more.

Cheers

Ray

2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I can't say I'm too excited to have a Microsoft product in any of my cameras, nor do I think it's something camera makers like Panasonic or Olympus are likely to adopt in lieu of, or in conjunction with their own IS technologies. It's probably something best left for cell phone cameras.

What would be really cool is to have a software solution that could remove motion blur from images in PP somehow by doing a reverse blur algorithm. That I could stand behind =).

3. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    You can deconvolve the blurred images providing you know the point spread function (PSF) :rolleyes:, obtaining that is the hard part though.

4. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I can imagine some software that gives you some options for doing that could take care of the math involved in that operation. Motion blur, or the most part, is probably fairly predictable in direction and magnitude unless we're talking about a 'B' setting with someone moving the camera around a lot on purpose.