More adapter questions?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by noelh, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Adapter needed for a Vivitar Series 1 Macro focusing 28-90mm, f2.8-3.5 lens. M/MD mount. Purchased this lens back in the early '80s. Could not find any sample images of this lens. Curious to see what type of images this lens is capable of capturing using the GF-1/G2. Lens is in excellent condition. Bit heavy at ~0.7kg. Really smooth operating zoom relative to my 45-200mm.

Reading every "Sticky" (thanks Nic) & probably every thread on adapters I'm in my normal muddy state of mind. Real mix bag of quality for the lower priced adapters. Looking for feedback on inexpensive (sub $50) MD specific adapters. Will more or less leave this adapter permanently on the Vivitar.

The loose fit issues of some Fotodiox adapters seems to have an easy fix. Concerns are having a very good fit between the adapter and the camera body & no flare. Probably will need to tolerate any beyond infinity focus issue at this price point.

Anyone use the Bower AB43MD adapter? Intermediate priced. Wondering if you are just paying more for an adapter of similar quality to Fotodiox or RainbowImaging?
  2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I am a fan of Kipon and RJ Camera adapters, but they are not immune to criticism. Once Vivitar got to their Series 1 line, the quality was starting to go downhill, but yours is still one of the stars. It should make a worthwhile short telephoto zoom. This photographer seems to enjoy the lens on an m4/3 camera:
    Vivitar Series 1 28-90 mm f/2.8-3.5 (Komine) - a set on Flickr
    • Like Like x 1