Moose in the backyard!

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Mellow, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    EM5, ISO4000, 1/400

TJ230263.jpg

TJ230265.jpg

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    :smile::smile::smile:

3. threebees

threebees Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2013
    Nice!
    I love the second, but would have tried to shot from a lower position.
    I really envy the people who can get wildlife so close...
    where I am now I can only see mosquitoes, cockroaches and some birds.

4. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Agree about the position . . . but sometimes you don't have any choice. They say a cow moose with calf is the most dangerous animal in the west, and I wasn't about to get any closer!

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    So what you're saying is that you didn't want to use the Leica 25mm ƒ1.4 and "zoom with your feet" then? :tongue::biggrin:

6. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    LOL I was thinking of getting that perspective thing going with that big moose nose and my fisheye, but then I thought better of it.

7. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I was going to say the same thing. I wouldn't get down on the ground with a Moose and calf in the neighborhood. Hell, I'm hiding in my car, using at as a blind because a mother hawk dive bombed me when she noticed my inordinate interest in her nest -- from 60 or so feet away. And moose are way more dangerous. I know an old lady who got bloodied (granted not badly) by a mother robin when she stepped close to a downed chick while she was hanging her clothes.

Best not to mess with mothers and their young -- of any species.

8. threebees

threebees Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2013
    Well, I thought there would be a fence or something. Yes, after learning here that beavers can be very dangerous, I would not mess even with a mouse. I've already have some scary situations with seagulls.
    As I said, the most I see around here are cockroaches and little birds. But I see that you can have any adventure there, even going out to buy the bread!

9. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Your backyard beats my backyard. I don't think a moose can compare to the ferocity of a human mother if she catches you photographing her child in public. I think a moose's charge may be tempered with common sense.

Thank you for sharing.

Gary

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.