Moon shots

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
moon 169 today.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

100-400 naked again today.

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
moon on 30th july 21.JPG

Again oly 100-400 no tc. It's interesting to watch the detail pop out as the days pass and the shadows fall on different terrain. It would be great to be able to stitch images together from the different phase in order to aggregate a composite image with as much shadow induced detail as possible.

View attachment 901084

Again oly 100-400 no tc. It's interesting to watch the detail pop out as the days pass and the shadows fall on different terrain. It would be great to be able to stitch images together from the different phase in order to aggregate a composite image with as much shadow induced detail as possible.
Nice shot, I would love to see a close crop from your image to see how much detail and sharpness you are getting. I'm waiting for some clear skies to try the various focus techniques with my 100-400.

Yeah the totally shaded surface thing has been done. It is a lot of work and a technical achievement, but the end result is truly odd looking and more of a curiosity than a beautiful image. Sorry I don't have a link handy right now, I'll try to dig it up. I think it might be cool to have the nice crisp shading across about a third of the surface, maybe that would be more successful because your mind would believe that amount of shading is real, whereas seeing the shading across the whole surface caused my brain to just say uhhh-no.

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
moon crescent.JPG

This morning before work, same kit.

Photographed on August 11, 2021 at 10:05 PM GMT Not cropped
_HVS1062a2.jpg

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
blue moon august 23.JPG

Blue Moon this morning 8/23/21

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
moonrise cloud.JPG

The Moon begins it's rise above the clouds last night.

PeeBee

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I had a lazy attempt with the Oly 100-400 and MC20. Hand held and through a double glazed window, there should definitely be room for improvement.

P8240316.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom