Moon shot

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
This is a picture of the moon I took. This was used with my 5 inch reflector and a 25mm eyepiece. This would be considered afocal astro photography. I used the Oly Kit zom lens. The toughest part was focusing. The eyepiece produces some of its own distortions from the center of the field, and its evident tha the left side of the moon looks slightly out of focus. Not bad considering my first doing this with this camera.

Attachments

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Not bad? It's fantastic and good for you for being so creative in following your interest in astronomy with your camera!

If you haven't read or heard of this book, I think you might find it very interesting. Here is a link to the book review in the NY Times from July 8, 2009 http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/09/books/09maslin.html?_r=1 It's THE AGE OF WONDER
How the Romantic Generation Discovered the Beauty and Terror of Science
By Richard Holmes, and I have a feeling if you just read the first paragraph of this review you'll be hooked. It is very good.:thumbup:

et100

Mu-43 Regular
Djarum, do you mind describing a little your setup. I dont know if i am alone in not knowing how you use the 5in reflector together with the camera... but i would be interested in finding out more about it. A relevant link would also suffice.
best regards, Jon

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
Was this the same LCROSS that impacted the moon back in 2009? It was a complete success, the shepherd stage collecting and transmitting good data from the plume before impacting six minutes later.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
MY attempt at lunar photography

i just took these last night .. I was up late and felt like seeing how my 500mm mirror lens would work. I think next time ill try shooting earlier because the moon was setting and i felt it was moving too fast to get crisp photos.
I was playing around with the shutter speed to see what would look better.
I don't know witch Of mine i like tho.
I like your Moon Photo tho Djarum

Attachments

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom