1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Moon flyby. Comments please!

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Promit, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    This image has been difficult for me and I'm going to go insane if I stare at it any longer. Please click the image for a 100% version, as I would very much appreciate at least some pixel-peeping, even though it's a mess at that level. It's not very large.
    P1000247.

This shot was unexpected. I was taking some test shots of the moon when a plane flies past it all of a sudden, lit up by a reflected sunset. It was unfortunately taken as JPEG from a GH2, and I've done a ton of processing. Between the JPEG compression and a very heavy crop down to about 3 MP, I've been struggling to frame it nicely and really make it work even from a technical perspective. I'm not sure if I succeeded and I've been toying with it long enough that I'm losing perspective. I would really appreciate some review.

• Like Like x 1
  2. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I kinda like it. I have seen the slightly cliched shot of a plane's silhouette against the moon. This one is different and it takes a while to register the plane, in effect making me look closer and holds my attention. Pretty neat if you ask me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.