1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Monument Valley, Utah

Discussion in 'Nature' started by chuckgoolsbee, Oct 10, 2011.

1. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    MV5.

I passed through Monument Valley on a tour of the southwest a couple of weeks ago. G1, Panny 7—14.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Love the composition. :2thumbs: Hate the distortion ! :eek:

3. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    I read part of the link to your SOL tour - quite a challenge depending on the vehicle. I've had my own experience with leakers - Triumph motorcycles in the 60's and 70's!

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, what's up with that?

5. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    Do you mean you dont mind the distortion the lens gives ?
    Or do you not notice it.

6. chuckgoolsbee

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Of the dozen pre-1970 cars we only had two issues (both SHOCKINGLY due to failed electrical components! One voltage regulator and one generator) so it seems to prove my adage that if you drive them often enough they work out all of their issues. I drove my car (a '65 E-type Jaguar) 3,150 miles in a week, and it ran flawlessly - in temps from below freezing to 104°F, and from sea-level to 11,000'. Mind you, it also burned a full change worth of oil, and 90% of the Lucas gear has been replaced by modern-ish Japanese & American stuff (Hitachi alternator, Nippondenso starter, Mallory distributor, and Facet fuel pump.)

7. chuckgoolsbee

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    I kind of like the drama that the distortion of this lens adds to images. To each their own I guess.

8. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    No, that I've never seen this severe distortion from this lens before. Maybe fisheye ain't so bad!