1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Montreal Botanical Garden & Weddings

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by StudioHeraBell, Jan 8, 2011.

• Like Like x 3
  1. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    It's a very beautiful place, great photo

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Very nice Hera. I always enjoy looking at your work :smile:

All the best,

Colin

3. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hera

Great work. Looks like the sort of shot with challenging exposure, but you really made it work.

I bet the client is happy.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    so, does this mean the couple was shot with something else and composited in?

5. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Wow, that's some marriage of techniques. :smile:

That is a beautiful picture; and as commented by Pelao, extremely hard to meter correctly.
    I really like what you've done, the tonal range of HDR without the dizziness!

- Curious though - how did you do it?

6. There is no HDR here. The couple was shot with Canon 40D on a sunny day under a shady place. The garden was shot at an overcast day with Lumix G1.

I just close cut and paste. I use the eraser to fine tune the edges. I am no PS mask guru. But I know my lighting well. On purpose I softened the focus on the couple. To make it feel more real. DOF play...

As a photographer I come from a film & darkroom era, with an art director background. Today's digital world offers me tones oppotunities to play with my imagination.

Clients love it.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Hera

• Like Like x 1
  7. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Thanks for explaining Hera,
    I'd say your PS skills are pretty tight. It really works.
    Cheers