1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Montreal Botanical Garden & Weddings

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by StudioHeraBell, Jan 8, 2011.

• Like Like x 3
  1. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    It's a very beautiful place, great photo

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Very nice Hera. I always enjoy looking at your work :smile:

All the best,

Colin

3. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hera

Great work. Looks like the sort of shot with challenging exposure, but you really made it work.

I bet the client is happy.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    so, does this mean the couple was shot with something else and composited in?

5. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Wow, that's some marriage of techniques. :smile:

That is a beautiful picture; and as commented by Pelao, extremely hard to meter correctly.
    I really like what you've done, the tonal range of HDR without the dizziness!

- Curious though - how did you do it?

6. There is no HDR here. The couple was shot with Canon 40D on a sunny day under a shady place. The garden was shot at an overcast day with Lumix G1.

I just close cut and paste. I use the eraser to fine tune the edges. I am no PS mask guru. But I know my lighting well. On purpose I softened the focus on the couple. To make it feel more real. DOF play...

As a photographer I come from a film & darkroom era, with an art director background. Today's digital world offers me tones oppotunities to play with my imagination.

Clients love it.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Hera

• Like Like x 1
  7. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Thanks for explaining Hera,
    I'd say your PS skills are pretty tight. It really works.
    Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.