1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Montgomery Tourism Video Shot with G2!!!!

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by vidiot72, Oct 12, 2011.

1. vidiot72

vidiot72 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 11, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I threw this together for the city to use on their trolley system. It was amazing that my little afternoon walks produced enough footage that was high enough quality to use! Check it out!
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R__MctZu7fg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Very nice.

Didn't know montegomery had much in the way of tourism. Huntsville is slowly but surely losing it's tourism.

3. vidiot72

vidiot72 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 11, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Montgomery is just starting to rev up it's tourism. I don't know if you have ever been here or not but 5 years ago it was really alot different than it is now. There has been a big downtown revitalization happening in the last 2 or 3 years. You have to remember that the Civil War started here, Jefferson Davis lived here, Martin Luther King preached here, Hank Williams Sr. lived here, F. Scott Fitzgerald lived here and his wife was born and raised here, Montgomery was literally the birthplace of civil rights with MLK and Rosa Parks. Even the Black Panther party was born right down the road in Lowndes county. That's a pretty short list but it's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Most of the important spots are within blocks of each other on Dexter Avenue. It's amazing how much history this town has, I'm glad to see it making an attempt to return to it's former glory!

4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I've been down there a few times. Lots of historical stuff for sure. For the most part, except around the capitol area, it Montgomery seemed run down. Good to see that things are picking back up.