Monochrome for m43 would be awesome

WT21

Super Moderator
With a de-Bayered RAW, you'd have to go back to screwing coloured filters on the front to get the same effect. AFAIK, there's no point fiddling with HSL with a did-Bayered RAW.
that would change me mind back the other way then. I wouldn’t want to go back to filters.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
For the record, I was being a little tongue in cheek with my "just use a Pen F in mono" I just picked on up and am really enjoying the mono modes. I do understand the benefits, but I just can't even come close to justifying something like a Leica M, I'm not sure there is any Leica gear short of PanLeica lenses I could really even consider.

Hadn't really thought about the fact that filters would be required for some of what I've been doing with the Pen F, that would probably take a good bit of the fun out of it for me.

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
Olympus discontinued the Pen F because it was not a big seller, thus not as profitable to keep in the lineup. I don't see that being any different for a monochrome camera. Leica is asking $8k for it. At that price, they will probably sell enough to make it worthwhile, but would you spend $8k on a m4/3 body to make it worthwhile for Olympus or Panasonic to make it? Probably not. Remember, Leica isn't doing anything more than the rest of the manufacturers in producing their cameras to justify those prices. They price them like they do because they know Leica aficionados will pay it. I've owned 5 Leica M series film cameras in the past, only to abandon Leica when the cost of their digital bodies went higher than the clouds. My Pen F is now my digital Leica, at least style wise.

Equable

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Rod
Just imagine every photo with the tonal qualities of an Ansel Adams, the perfect framing of a Cartier-Bresson. I mean, everyone who purchases one of these will certainly be in possession of those basic talents. Won’t they?

ata3001

Mu-43 Regular
Just imagine every photo with the tonal qualities of an Ansel Adams, the perfect framing of a Cartier-Bresson. I mean, everyone who purchases one of these will certainly be in possession of those basic talents. Won’t they?
Worked for me! lol...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom