Modified firmware, looking for users

toshische

Mu-43 Rookie
Is there anything for the E-p5 or the E-pl5 ? I have both and would like to be able to make videos longer than 29 minutes?
It looks impossible, sorry. I seems that e-pl5 have no code for video files splitting. Too old. So it have different time limits for different video size and quality (like e-m5-I). It's really hard to identify them all and it haven't much sense without files splitting (get several additional minutes and potential file corruption).

Arbus33

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Didier
Thanks toshishe for your work !
I'd like to know if this firmware tweak is possible for the E-M5 III ?

orchard county

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,tried installing modified firmware om EM1,followed instructions to the letter using a 4gb card and focus stacking still greyed out? any idea's?
regards

toshische

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi,tried installing modified firmware om EM1,followed instructions to the letter using a 4gb card and focus stacking still greyed out? any idea's?
regards
EM1-II or EM1-III? It seems that em1-III refuses to update to modified firmware (see above posts). EM1-II should works. Have firmware version changed after installation?

Arbus33

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Didier
Hello toschische,

Finally I was able to do a test :

- Update firmware : Ok, took between 1 and 2 minutes, but at the end the red light has gone out without flashing.
- I have done in camera focus stacking with the 45 f1.8 lens, so OK
- I filmed a video of more than 40 minutes (FHD mode) so OK

I have not found the limit for video, but there is no countdown from 30' (but from much more, depending on the video mode)

Well done, Thanks a lot

Arbus33

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Didier
Hello toschische,

Finally I was able to do a test :

- Update firmware : Ok, took between 1 and 2 minutes, but at the end the red light has gone out without flashing.
- I have done in camera focus stacking with the 45 f1.8 lens, so OK
- I filmed a video of more than 40 minutes (FHD mode) so OK

I have not found the limit for video, but there is no countdown from 30' (but from much more, depending on the video mode)

Well done, Thanks a lot
Forgot to add : on my E-M5 iii settings where not erased by the modified firmware. I had v 1.4 allready.
Focus stacking tested OK with the 40-150 1:4-5.6 R Lens too.
Didier

alividmar

New to Mu-43
Hi
I own a E-M10ii, and when I use 35mm macro (3/4) lens on oly, the focus BKT is grayed up.
Is possible to modifie the firmware to use a 35mm lens for focus braketing?
Currently I using the ( e_m10ii_v14.rar ) from first post.
Thank you

ibd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
ibd said:
Would you consider making a short tutorial going over your hacking process?

Yes, but i'll wait until testing some more firmwares to be sure that i understand this process right.
I know it's a lot of work, but since your patches seem to work alright, what about a very brief tutorial? :)

dbateman

Mu-43 Regular
Wow this is excellent. I glad life has been brought back to this project. If only OM solutions would not include these simple silly limits.
I see the official Em1mk3 firmware is 104Mb but your hack is 20-30 Mb. I wonder if that is an issue. The Olympus camera maynot install it as it might look broken and doesn't want to be bricked.

jaqscm

New to Mu-43
I've made modified E M1-II v3.4 firmware based on Abel works. It enables focus stacking for all AF lens and removes 30 min video limit.
Thank you very much toshiche,
I have updated the e-m1.2 3.4 firmware and the focus stacking worked great on Oly 12-200 and the video only I have tested it records more than 30 min without problem (I don't do video with the Oly).
Would it be possible to modify the fw to enable fisheye compensation with lenses other than the Oly 8mm?
Thank you very much for the great work done.
Regards.

snewell

Mu-43 Rookie
Thank you very much Toshiche.
Updated EM1.2 with 3.4 firmware
Focus stacks worked great on Oly 70-300
Video reports back 2:34:00 on 128GB SD card
Would also like to see FISHEYE work, perhaps for the 9mmBCL

Well Done!

alaric.smith

New to Mu-43
Hi, just joined the forum. Just like to say a huge thank you to Toshiche and Abel for their work on the 30-minute limit crack. I have two EM1.2s and an Em5.2 and use them for wildlife filming & conservation films: I love Olympus kit; the image and film colours, the build and product quality, the ability of m4/3 to adapt, etc... and am very grateful for being able to use my kit for longer than the 29/30 minute limit, instead of hiring kit. It is just so good being able to use my cameras properly. Many, many thanks. Is there any chance that you guys could work on the EP-L8? Another fabulous piece of kit.

Craigrich2

New to Mu-43
It looks impossible, sorry. I seems that e-pl5 have no code for video files splitting. Too old. So it have different time limits for different video size and quality (like e-m5-I). It's really hard to identify them all and it haven't much sense without files splitting (get several additional minutes and potential file corruption).
Thank you for trying! ,,, well I'm probably getting too old also cause last week I set my E-PL5 down in the wrong spot and it took a bad fall ... Soo I wanted the "best" and "newest" I could use the undamaged VF-4 viewfinder with and got an E-PL8 and once again I am hoping that it could record longer than 29 minute videos? I understand it has "Truepic VII" .jpg processing so I'm hoping that maybe the rest of the firmware may be more modern? Thank You again
Craig

carlheanerd

New to Mu-43
I've made modified E M1-II v3.4 firmware based on Abel works. It enables focus stacking for all AF lens and removes 30 min video limit.
Thank you so much for this.

Is there any chance of applying the same mod to firmware 3.2 and/or 3.3? IBIS performance for video is known to be substantially worse on 3.4 due to that firmware being rushed to completion before the JIT sale.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom