Modified firmware, looking for users

Priest

New to Mu-43
Try this: e-m1-iii v1.2 (untested)
Thanks for doing this much appreciated
It looks like it installed ok got the steady light when starting up and then the flashing light after a few seconds.

But i am sorry to say the Focus Stacking is greyed out for non pro lens,
please if you can figure out what went wrong i will gladly test it again thanks

toshische

Mu-43 Rookie
It looks like it installed ok got the steady light when starting up and then the flashing light after a few seconds.
I don't know about m1-III, but my m1-II reflashes about a minute. Maybe it depends of model and sd-card, but few seconds looks too short. Can you do it one more time from begining: download, unzip and flash, better with another sd-card?

Can anybody else try it with m1-III? I've tripple-check it and i haven't upload unmodified firmware. Code parts looks identical and it looks so strange to me.

Priest

New to Mu-43
Sorry forgot to say lens tested
Olly 17mm and olly 12-50mm
I've just reinstalled the software incase it did not work the first time but its still the same Focus stacking greyed out

ibd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Maybe the modified firmware fails some checksum check that is newly introduced in the mark III?

Does it say something like "update successful" or similar?

Shmelej

New to Mu-43
dear Toshische,
I tried carefully your MkIII firmware v 1.2. the duration of orange light was around 45 secs.
The firmware appearing in the firmware menu remained 1.1.
I tried the PANASONIC 12-60 lens, without success : the stacking menu remains grey.
I tried the film duration and I found something weird : with the official v1.1 firmware, I obtained a stepping down chrono starting from 29'59" with MOV fine. With your firmware 1.2, same setting, the chrono started from 6'48". I presume that I changed something in the settings but I have not found what.
Back to the official firmware 1.1, the orange light duration was around 80 secs.
I finally installed the official version 1.2. Orange light around 90 secs, clock and langage reset. And I retrieved the 29' max duration with the MOV fine.
I remain very interested by a hacked version allowing focus stacking and longer film duration.
Thanks for your efforts
Bye, Shmelej

toshische

Mu-43 Rookie
Thank you!

I tried carefully your MkIII firmware v 1.2. the duration of orange light was around 45 secs.
The firmware appearing in the firmware menu remained 1.1.
I finally installed the official version 1.2. Orange light around 90 secs, clock and langage reset. And I retrieved the 29' max duration with the MOV fine.
I remain very interested by a hacked version allowing focus stacking and longer film duration.
So, it seems that MkIII refuses to update to this firmware. Maybe it have additional checksum not known to oly_fw_tools. It isn't looks very promising.

Craigrich2

New to Mu-43
Thank You toshische and Abel ! Is there anything for the E-p5 or the E-pl5 ? I have both and would like to be able to make videos longer than 29 minutes?

dahonman

New to Mu-43
Hi, I have tested Toschische's firmware and stacking works on Pana 100-300. Did not test video limit. It still does not allow smart-adapted lenses though. Thanks Toschische and Abel

Latest threads

Top Bottom