Modified firmware, looking for users

toshische

Mu-43 Rookie
Is there anything for the E-p5 or the E-pl5 ? I have both and would like to be able to make videos longer than 29 minutes?
It looks impossible, sorry. I seems that e-pl5 have no code for video files splitting. Too old. So it have different time limits for different video size and quality (like e-m5-I). It's really hard to identify them all and it haven't much sense without files splitting (get several additional minutes and potential file corruption).

Arbus33

Mu-43 Rookie
Thanks toshishe for your work !
I'd like to know if this firmware tweak is possible for the E-M5 III ?

orchard county

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,tried installing modified firmware om EM1,followed instructions to the letter using a 4gb card and focus stacking still greyed out? any idea's?
regards

toshische

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi,tried installing modified firmware om EM1,followed instructions to the letter using a 4gb card and focus stacking still greyed out? any idea's?
regards
EM1-II or EM1-III? It seems that em1-III refuses to update to modified firmware (see above posts). EM1-II should works. Have firmware version changed after installation?

Arbus33

Mu-43 Rookie
Hello toschische,

Finally I was able to do a test :

- Update firmware : Ok, took between 1 and 2 minutes, but at the end the red light has gone out without flashing.
- I have done in camera focus stacking with the 45 f1.8 lens, so OK
- I filmed a video of more than 40 minutes (FHD mode) so OK

I have not found the limit for video, but there is no countdown from 30' (but from much more, depending on the video mode)

Well done, Thanks a lot

Arbus33

Mu-43 Rookie
Hello toschische,

Finally I was able to do a test :

- Update firmware : Ok, took between 1 and 2 minutes, but at the end the red light has gone out without flashing.
- I have done in camera focus stacking with the 45 f1.8 lens, so OK
- I filmed a video of more than 40 minutes (FHD mode) so OK

I have not found the limit for video, but there is no countdown from 30' (but from much more, depending on the video mode)

Well done, Thanks a lot
Forgot to add : on my E-M5 iii settings where not erased by the modified firmware. I had v 1.4 allready.
Focus stacking tested OK with the 40-150 1:4-5.6 R Lens too.
Didier

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom