Model: Andrea

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Newnan3, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Newnan3

Newnan3 Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2010
    This is Andrea, a naturally red-headed Peruvian. I think she looks alot like Eva Mendes.....

C&C Requested.

2. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Beautiful....and the photos aren't too bad either!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Number 1&3 are very stunning with great light, pose and composition. Her expression is good in both. Number 3 has a small problem with the crop, you need more space above her head, it is way too tight and I keep wondering what is up there that she is reaching for!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. photo owl

photo owl Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 9, 2010
    no 3 comes over as the most evenly exposed/lit shot you have posted, although as has already been commented the pose is a little confusing. that said the image can, to my eye, benefit from a curves adjustment to give a little more pop overall.

no 4 is a good example of what seems to be a recurrent problem - lighting levels. left of face is completely blown whilst her legs are both flat and miss-matched to her decolletage.

overall I see huge progress over the sets you have posted, especially in how you seem to be interacting with the subject (or how they are reacting to you) - to the extent that it's now the details that getting in the way of otherwise excellent shots.

again as an example in 7 above -
    a. chopping off the top of her head whilst retaining her bust isn't very nice
    b. blown area of background amongst varied exposures
    c. dress is all rucked up and creased
    d. her right arm is 'a mess'
    e. shadow and bright areas on bust
    f. bra strap
    g. what are we really looking at to the right of the frame?

basically if it's in the frame it should be 'right' and have a purpose. this doesn't rule out selective lighting!

to illustrate the above here is that same 'shot' ie pose, camera settings, lighting etc (you did say to produce such illustrations from the files in another post)

I left the bra strap...

no 8 above is 'almost there' too - great pose that really seems to suit the subject (but care with neck creases) and just a little issue with lighting (that could almost be handled in pp) - excellent.

I have read and looked at all your posts before responding like this - I am reasonably confident that it's what you are looking for.