1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

MMF-3 adapter, or 3rd party, non-weather sealed from China?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Web-Betty, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    MJ
    I need the Oly 4/3 to M4/3 adapter. I see there are 3 Olympus versions, MMF-1, MMF-2, and MMF-3--where the MMF-3 is weather sealed.

I can get the MMF-3 for around $160, or I can get a 3rd party, non-weather sealed adapter from eBay for around $45.

If anyone has any feedback or suggestions on which I should get, I'd appreciate it. I like the idea of weather sealing, but I don't think the Zuiko 9-18 is weather sealed so would it matter? Will focusing using the 3rd party be as good (I know it's still slower than the M.Zuiko version)?

I'd love to save the money if there are no better reasons to get the Oly MMF-3.

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    The only reason to get the MMF-3 is the weather-sealing. Other than that, the clones are functionally identical. There's no difference in AF speed (all that the adapter does is forward the signals between the lens and camera - it doesn't do any actually processing).

If you're really committed to weather-sealing, keep an eye out on the Olympus refurbished store. The price there for the MMF-3 is usually $80 or $100.

3. Web-Betty

Web-Betty Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2013
    Denver
    MJ
    I don't have any non-weather sealed lenses at this time, and I don't anticipate buying any other non M.Zuiko lenses. Thanks for the feedback! :smile: