1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

MK says "Heya!"

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by magkelly, Nov 11, 2012.

1. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    I'm the new owner of a Pen micro 4/3 camera, an E-PL1. It's on route actually as I type. It's a first for me. I'm a newbie pro photographer who shoots mostly with a Pentax DSLR but also with various film SLR's. After a long apprenticeship with two teachers I finally went off on my own and turned my hobby into my vocation. I'm a portrait photographer mainly. Been on here reading all day, thought I'd be spending some time here so I signed up. I'm really looking forward to my M43 camera adventures!

:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard MK!

Regards,

Jim

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, MK!

Look forward to seeing some of your images.

4. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Welcome to the forum!

5. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    The camera shipped yesterday and I went into tracking to see where it was? December 6th is the new delivery date. I'm going "What?" It takes 3 weeks now for UPS to get me a package from three states away? I'm guessing it's the aftermath of Sandy and they're just adding on extra time for the estimates but I sure hope it's not going to be that long! It was supposed to be next Monday!!!!!

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome, hope your camera arrives soon - waiting can drive you crazy. :biggrin:

7. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

8. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    Particularly if you are hanging out on this forum. The great pics I am seeing here are making me want it NOW...LOL

9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    +1 :biggrin:

10. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    Got my Pen, 4 days early no less. But I've still got no adapters, arrgh!!!!! Hopefully they'll come in the mail tomorrow or this is going to be one long, frustrating weekend. Oh, and contrary to what I thought, I love the silver. This is a gorgeous camera. The subtle sparkle on the chassis looks very classy. I still may skin it but now I'm going to have to really think about it when it comes to what. I think I want to keep the all silver look. Maybe a silver metallic faux snakeskin.....

11. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah I am in the same boat. No adapters and my kit lens is still in transit. My adapter is lost in the mail somewhere. USPS says they delivered, I never got it.

Let me know where you find your camera skins. I wouldn't mind flashing up my E-PL1.

12. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    It's really not a hard thing. Both my local sewing and craft stores have adhesive 12" backed vinyl sheets that basically peel on and off as you like. Lots of textures and colors. Some even look like leather. I have a pattern for the camera that I found on here and I'm just going to use that and cover it in one of those. Because it's vinyl it will probably wear well for a while and I like the idea of changing out the skin every now and again anyhow. I was thinking I might try holographic silver or a gray leather looking sheet first and layer a few Swarovsky gems on it in a pattern. I can always seal them onto the vinyl before I cut it and that way I don't need to put them directly onto the camera. I've seen pics of cameras with crystals and I kind of like that look done a bit more subtly. I think a few "diamonds" might look good with the silver sparkle finish. I'd love the look of the holographic paper but I'm just not sure if I should do holographic or faux leather. I'm thinking the holographic just might mess with my images being highly reflective stuff....

Edit: AWWWW! The mail just came for today. No adapters, sigh....

13. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just talked to USPS they are sticking to their story about it being delivered. Going to reach out to the ebay seller. If that doesn't then I am going through Paypal and hopefully can get a refund. On another note, my 14 - 42mm lens is being delivered today. I am crossing my fingers they get it right this time.

14. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    I would not be surprised if they had just left it and someone walked off with it. I hate when they do that. I'd much rather have to wait for something or go to the PO and sign for it than just have it dropped off. Ask the seller if he sent it signature required or not.

15. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    YES! My first two adapters are in the PO here in town and should show up tomorrow most likely, at least I sure hope they will. :p