Mitakon 35/0.95 - has anyone tried?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Pawel D., Jul 5, 2014.

1. Pawel D.

Pawel D. Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Białystok, Poland
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I think for video it'd be great. For stills, I wouldn't expect miracles.

If you want that kind of performance for < $700, you might consider their Lens Turbo adapter (also marketed as the Zhongyi Lens Turbo) and a legacy 50/1.2. Should be possible for under $500. That said, 35 is sort of an odd focal length on m4/3 - longer than normal prime, but shorter than a traditional portrait telephoto.

3. Pawel D.

Pawel D. Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Białystok, Poland
    I've already got a Focal Reducer and I'm really fond of it. Works great with some legacy lenses I have, but the fastest I get is 1.8 (1.4 with FR). Now I'm hoping to get Cyclops 85/1.5 and try it on :)  It'd work around f1.1.

I agree on that 35 mm focal length - I don't have an urgent need to use one. It might be good for some close-ups though.

4. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    I wouldn't be so quick to write off their performance...look at what you can get from Samyang for relatively cheap! I'd be interesting to hear what people say about this...it's too big/too heavy/not crazy about the FL for me...but...who knows...maybe they'll come out with something else that might be interesting. :D  Always nice to have superfast options. :D 

5. wushumr2

wushumr2 Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    It'd be a perfect lens for Nikon 1 though, at only ~20x the price of a 35mm 1.7 CCTV lens.

6. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee Subscribing Member

May 3, 2013
    California
    I found with the Fujian 35mm that 35mm on M43 happens to be my favorite focal length.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.