1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mitakon 35/0.95 - has anyone tried?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Pawel D., Jul 5, 2014.

1. Pawel D.

Pawel D. Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Białystok, Poland
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I think for video it'd be great. For stills, I wouldn't expect miracles.

If you want that kind of performance for < $700, you might consider their Lens Turbo adapter (also marketed as the Zhongyi Lens Turbo) and a legacy 50/1.2. Should be possible for under $500. That said, 35 is sort of an odd focal length on m4/3 - longer than normal prime, but shorter than a traditional portrait telephoto.

3. Pawel D.

Pawel D. Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Białystok, Poland
    I've already got a Focal Reducer and I'm really fond of it. Works great with some legacy lenses I have, but the fastest I get is 1.8 (1.4 with FR). Now I'm hoping to get Cyclops 85/1.5 and try it on :) It'd work around f1.1.

I agree on that 35 mm focal length - I don't have an urgent need to use one. It might be good for some close-ups though.

4. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    I wouldn't be so quick to write off their performance...look at what you can get from Samyang for relatively cheap! I'd be interesting to hear what people say about this...it's too big/too heavy/not crazy about the FL for me...but...who knows...maybe they'll come out with something else that might be interesting. :D Always nice to have superfast options. :D

5. wushumr2

wushumr2 Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    It'd be a perfect lens for Nikon 1 though, at only ~20x the price of a 35mm 1.7 CCTV lens.

6. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    California
    I found with the Fujian 35mm that 35mm on M43 happens to be my favorite focal length.