1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Misty Morning

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by zpierce, Oct 24, 2010.

1. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    It was a dreary morning in Minnesota but I managed to make the best of it and get out of my funk and take a few photos. I'd been sick the past few days, reading this and other photo sites so I really had the itch to get out.

These are both of Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis with my Minolta Rokkor MD 50mm f1.4.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachpierce/5113127814/" title="P1200429.jpg by zach.pierce, on Flickr">"640" height="396" alt="P1200429.jpg" /></a>

I like the second one as the land and the island appear to be floating between the water and the sky.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachpierce/5113128590/" title="P1200430.jpg by zach.pierce, on Flickr">"640" height="360" alt="P1200430.jpg" /></a>

• Like Like x 9
  2. Hards80

Hards80 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    these are good.

i really like that 2nd shot. i really love the mood set by mist and monochrome. really classy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stingOM

stingOM Mu-43 Regular

Oct 24, 2010
    Ireland
    Lovely colors. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Very nice. I saw mist coming off of the lake here over the weekend and hope to capture a few similar shots. Yours give me a high standard to hit!

• Like Like x 1
  5. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    One of the first M43 shots that I took last january when I got my G1, i.e. found out about M43 - I was "wet behind the ears" and knew nothing of RAW, LR3, Spyder pro and all the other things that this marvellous forum has introduced me to - thanks Amin - (and of course Admin - the mods I mean)

PS - there is mist! - and I've now twiddled in LR3

G1 with kit 14 45mm

mist_in_wood.

• Like Like x 3
  6. EasyEd

EasyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Hey All,

Zach I actually way prefer the first image - the diagonal lines from the right - the curve into the picture. Nice elements in my opinion. I'd probably try "popping" the fall colors a bit more just out of curiosity. The second one is nice but I don't get or see the "floating" and it is more centered and balanced than I like. Just an opinion though.

-Ed-

• Like Like x 1
  7. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    Yeah, you know, before I uploaded it, the second one looked more interesting. The white in the sky and the water looked virtually identical therefore it just looked like a band of land in the middle of nothingness. And in that, I thought it kind of looked like one of those images that can be the lamp or the old lady depending on how you look at it :) However, the sky and water look different on the uploaded jpg, so not as interesting. Thanks for the feedback!

8. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    The first is very nice composition and colour rendering :smile: