Misty Morning

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by zpierce, Oct 24, 2010.

1. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    It was a dreary morning in Minnesota but I managed to make the best of it and get out of my funk and take a few photos. I'd been sick the past few days, reading this and other photo sites so I really had the itch to get out.

These are both of Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis with my Minolta Rokkor MD 50mm f1.4.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachpierce/5113127814/" title="P1200429.jpg by zach.pierce, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="396" alt="P1200429.jpg" /></a>

I like the second one as the land and the island appear to be floating between the water and the sky.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachpierce/5113128590/" title="P1200430.jpg by zach.pierce, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="360" alt="P1200430.jpg" /></a>
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Hards80

Hards80 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    these are good.

i really like that 2nd shot. i really love the mood set by mist and monochrome. really classy.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stingOM

stingOM Mu-43 Regular

Oct 24, 2010
    Lovely colors. Thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Very nice. I saw mist coming off of the lake here over the weekend and hope to capture a few similar shots. Yours give me a high standard to hit!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    One of the first M43 shots that I took last january when I got my G1, i.e. found out about M43 - I was "wet behind the ears" and knew nothing of RAW, LR3, Spyder pro and all the other things that this marvellous forum has introduced me to - thanks Amin - (and of course Admin - the mods I mean)

PS - there is mist! - and I've now twiddled in LR3

G1 with kit 14 45mm

• Like Like x 3
  6. EasyEd

EasyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Hey All,

Zach I actually way prefer the first image - the diagonal lines from the right - the curve into the picture. Nice elements in my opinion. I'd probably try "popping" the fall colors a bit more just out of curiosity. The second one is nice but I don't get or see the "floating" and it is more centered and balanced than I like. Just an opinion though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yeah, you know, before I uploaded it, the second one looked more interesting. The white in the sky and the water looked virtually identical therefore it just looked like a band of land in the middle of nothingness. And in that, I thought it kind of looked like one of those images that can be the lamp or the old lady depending on how you look at it :) However, the sky and water look different on the uploaded jpg, so not as interesting. Thanks for the feedback!
  8. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    The first is very nice composition and colour rendering :smile: