1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Misty Morning

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by goldenlight, Nov 18, 2011.

1. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    When I took my daughter to meet the school bus this morning the last strands of mist were rapidly dispersing under the warmth of the newly risen sun. I took a detour on the way home and found a place where the mist was still persisting. This view across the fields was somewhat distant and was an opportunity to try the 40-150mm lens recently aquired with my E-P3. I cheated a little bit in processing by reducing the clarity in the raw converter and adding a cooling filter in Elements to enhance the misty feel of the shot.

RAKEFAIRS_011_e_c_minus_clarity_r_s.

• Like Like x 5
  2. stillshunter

stillshunter Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2011
    Like it John, like it a lot. I'm a sucker for mists and fog. Coincidentally, and hope you don't mind my adding a photo to your thread, here's a misty morning shot - with the sun just starting to win the battle. Shot with the very same set-up: EP3 and 40-150.

6292956582_5c753b1f7b_b.
    Morning stroll - step 3462 by stillshunter, on Flickr

• Like Like x 5
  3. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Both are really good shots.

• Like Like x 2
  4. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    That's great, full of atmosphere. Thanks for posting. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. stillshunter

Sep 27, 2011
    My pleasure John. Thanks for accommodating my shot and your kind words.

Again I'd like to play more with mist and fog landscapes...thinking of experimenting with ND filters and long exposures to see what might come of it. Hmmmm...

6. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    If the mist is moving and swirling it could create some interesting effects. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. stillshunter

Sep 27, 2011
    That's my thinking John, especially if you can have limited transparency through to silhouetted trees and some solid light-beams breaking through - and across the frame - for the duration of the long (ish) exposure. Hmmm...OK I'm going to starting looking for some NDs :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Love these type of shots, but I don't get to see much like this for myself where I live.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Me too (on both counts). Hey John ... the B&W looks very good ... maybe you ought to try a conversion also ... just to see ...

G

• Like Like x 1
  10. goldenlight

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    It does look good, I might just try converting mine! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011