1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Mission in Carmel, California

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Brewster, Aug 27, 2011.

1. <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/bruce_l_snell/6078284386/" title="EPL1 480 by brucelsnell, on Flickr">"500" height="500" alt="EPL1 480"></a>

Another shot from my recent trip to California. I've pretty much always been a RAW shooter, but on this trip the emphasis was on fun and relaxation, so I chose to shoot JPEG. My thinking was that I would eliminate all post processing, get more images on a card, carry less gear and just enjoy the trip. If some images weren't up to par, I'd just delete 'em. No worries. I carried my E-PL1 and two lenses (14-42 and 40-150) and the VF-2, just one battery and one sd card.

One of the most pleasant surprises for me about the E-PL1 was how handy and useful the art filters became. I tried them on a lark and ended up using them quite often. Another big surprise was the iAuto mode (which looks like an automatic contrast and saturation adjustment to my eye). I almost passed iAuto by thinking it would be unreliable and unpredictable, sure glad I didn't!

So, long story short, I came home with hundreds of images from the trip, deleted a very small percentage and didn't do any post production at all. This little PEN camera from Olympus really is terrific and perfect for travel.

Photo-geek stats: Olympus E-PL1 using the 14-42 kit lens. Shot in jpeg mode using in camera art filter "pinhole" setting and 6x6 format. No post processing other than resizing for the web.

• Like Like x 5
  2. drp

drp Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Virginia, USA
    David
    How about more pics?

Fellow E-PL1 iAUTO fan.

David

3. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    That looks really great! Makes me want to try iAuto some more. i already go everywhere between manual focus legacy and/or raw and "regular" auto (with dedicated lenses of course) depending on mood and patience and whether it is a poto outing or trip snapshots. And the OOC look from Olympus is a lot of what made me choose my E-PL1 to begin with, to have that possibility. On holiday, one's S.O. Can also get pretty annoyed if one takes too long with the camera

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

4. Very, very true!