1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Missing Threads

Discussion in 'Site information' started by Brian Beezley, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

srch.

This morning I mistakenly started a favorite images thread for November only to find out that one already existed. But it does not appear in the Other Genres forum or Recent Posts after I posted my five images, nor does it appear in a search. Also note that the search results above say it is showing 3 results of 4, but shows only 2. If I click Next no more appear. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks to whoever deleted my embarrassing duplicate thread.

Brian

2. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    Hi Brian,

I did delete your thread a little while ago (new at this moderating gig here, so hopefully I did it right). I assume that is why it isn't appearing in Search, but I don't know how to explain the discrepancy in result counts. I know with vBulletin forums sometimes there is a delay in thread count reporting/updating to conserve resources, I am not sure if Xenforo works the same way.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Brian Beezley

Thanks, Wendy. Yes, my duplicate thread is gone, thank goodness. I was referring to the Best of November thread that was started yesterday. Phocal gave me a link to it and I can see the posts and I posted to it myself, but otherwise it is invisible to me.

Brian

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  4. Brian Beezley

OK, I figured it out. Not an issue.

Brian

5. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    Ok. I was going to ask if you have clicked "Watch Thread" at the top of that thread, and if so, does it show up in your list of Watched threads when you click on "show all Watched Threads"