1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Missing Olympus 7-14 Pro Lens

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by newphoto1, May 9, 2015.

1. newphoto1

newphoto1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    Where has this lens gone? Both Amazon and B&H Photo have removed it from their listings and pre-order email notifications. A somewhat ominous development given the recent horrible Olympus financial report. Any thoughts?

2. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    I'm happy with the P. 7-14mm f4.0, I fear the Olympus will be much larger and heavier due to the focus clutch mechanism and the f2.8 aperture. I hope their not having production problems. There is a lot of expectation for this lens and I'm sure they don't want negative rumors on this lens such as the one about their 12-40mm f2.8 with some early copies having their mounts break away. Perhaps Amazon and B&H are just upgrading their websites for actual ordering of this highly anticipated lens.
    Bobby

3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yeah, I think it is fine. They were just placeholders anyway, as you couldn't pre-order. I think they are just being updated with final specs, images and pricing and will re-appear right after official launch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wandering Aengus

Wandering Aengus Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2012
    I was told today by B & H that it would be back on the web site tomorrow. The representative said he didn't know if the price would be on it or not.