Missing Olympus 7-14 Pro Lens

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by newphoto1, May 9, 2015.

1. newphoto1

newphoto1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Colin
    Where has this lens gone? Both Amazon and B&H Photo have removed it from their listings and pre-order email notifications. A somewhat ominous development given the recent horrible Olympus financial report. Any thoughts?

2. zensu

zensu Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama USA
    Bobby
    I'm happy with the P. 7-14mm f4.0, I fear the Olympus will be much larger and heavier due to the focus clutch mechanism and the f2.8 aperture. I hope their not having production problems. There is a lot of expectation for this lens and I'm sure they don't want negative rumors on this lens such as the one about their 12-40mm f2.8 with some early copies having their mounts break away. Perhaps Amazon and B&H are just upgrading their websites for actual ordering of this highly anticipated lens.
    Bobby

3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

Yeah, I think it is fine. They were just placeholders anyway, as you couldn't pre-order. I think they are just being updated with final specs, images and pricing and will re-appear right after official launch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wandering Aengus

Wandering Aengus Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2012
    I was told today by B & H that it would be back on the web site tomorrow. The representative said he didn't know if the price would be on it or not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.