Missing Exif

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
I've been offsite for a while but now I'm back to posting I notice that my exif isn't being displayed. I am loading pics in original size from flickr as I always have. Has anything changed?
Yes. Not sure if it is forum software or Flickr, but I find I must strip the BBCode url tags from around the IMG tags. I can leave the url tags around the title text. Works for me, but YMMV.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
When I post from Flickr, I use the Original size (the largest), then I remove everything between the first set of [***], then also remove the set of [***] that has /url in it.

Never used to need to do anything. For exif to be shown from flickr all you used to need was the full BB code at original res so something has changed?

Harvey Melvin Richards

Photo Posting Junkie
Never used to need to do anything. For exif to be shown from flickr all you used to need was the full BB code at original res so something has changed?
I believe it happened when there was a major change to the forum software. I think if you upload from your computer, or photos on a handheld device, the EXIF will appear. It’s always been easier for me to go from Flickr to the site.

There is also a discussion in this thread: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/how-to-get-flickr-embeds-to-also-show-settings.100584/

Last edited:

Bidkev

Mu-43 Legend
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Just testing.................and it worked!
49458539762_85503ac1f4_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Royal Spoonbill (1) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

Attachments

• 49458539762_85503ac1f4_o.jpg
    49458539762_85503ac1f4_o.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Glennn

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Glen
Thanks all. I'll take a look later on today.
Typically I just copy the Flickr bb code to my tablet clipboard. Then paste it into the box that pops up from the link icon here.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
Something changed a while ago on flickr. Too much of a pain for all those gyrations, if someone wants to see the EXIF they can click on the image.

barry

Super Moderator
@Amin Sabet, FYI:

Ok, that’s now the 3rd pic I’ve posted (and from 3 different cameras), where the exif information is being stripped at some point. If I hit the ‘i’ info button in google photos (where I store all my full size pics) the exif info is present. So something is happening either when I download from there to my phone, or when I upload from my phone to here. This is the way I’ve always done it, but since last night I seem to be having this issue. Any ideas?

edit- looks like a lot of other folks have their exif info missing as well...

I agree, something seems broken at the moment. I just posted a shot in the B&W section, same routine, EXIF has been lopped off.

I have a theory that the resizing software subroutine is no longer providing the EXIF info, but if you upload a size which doesn’t require resizing, the info will show.

@barry13 @Amin Sabet

Latest threads

Top Bottom