Missed Business Opportunity for Photographers

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by CWRailman, Sep 21, 2015.

1. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Some people call me callous but I prefer to think of myself as a realist and having gone through two divorces myself, and knowing how some of my male and female friends have handled their divorces, I have wondered why it is that if you pick up any phone book and look up wedding photographer you will find a bajillion or so listed. Now look up divorce photographers. None! Why is that? Don’t people celebrate divorces? I know a few who do so why is nobody offering to photographically record that event or the celebration afterward? Seems like there is a great business opportunity here being missed.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 4
  2. kauphymug

kauphymug Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2015
    Cowford, Florida
    Did you check for combat photographers? Me thinks it would be similar.

You could make photo vests bullet resistant.

3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

What would you photograph? An image of your wife driving your car and your fabulous new studio apartment?

4. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” Real intimacy and loyalty are founded on honesty, and pretending to be someone you aren’t—keeping up appearances—leaves you with no lasting close friends or partners."

Photographing potential clients in a real relationship would be more appetizing than photographing the aftermath years later when both were not honest with themselves.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  5. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    Well if people celebrate divorce where you live, why not be the first and put an advert in the local paper?

• Agree Agree x 1