1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Mirrorless Mover 20 for two bodies ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by fluberman, Oct 7, 2014.

1. fluberman

fluberman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 19, 2012
    Indonesia
    Alex
    I am considering MM 20 for carrying two bodies, E-M10 + P 35-100 and GM1 + P 12-35, the lenses attached to the bodies. I will bring also Samy 7.5 FE. I'm going to use it for city sightseeing, so the chargers will be left in the hotel. But probably I will take some filters. Do you think they will fit ? Or the MM 30 would be better?

2. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
  3. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    I was very close to buy this one. but I also found that review and started hesitate... it seems like its kinda plastic and cheap look and feeling...

I went with the domke f -5xa instead. costs alittle more but nicer and better materials imo

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Mu-43 mobile app

4. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I have the whole series, the MM-10, MM-20 and MM-30 and like all of them. My only complaint is the strap is small and recommend replacing it or adding a pad. I think the materials are better than described in the review but not as good in more expensive bags.

I take these on day hikes and have had no issues in a year+ tossing them around. Other than having to use the rain bag instead of it being waterproof. I do have a waterproof bag but it is heavier with rubber covered zippers and is harder to get into so I can live with the external covering.

I do think the MM-20 will be tight, but it depends how you pack it. I have 2 GX1 bodies and can get them in with a couple of attached primes with room to spare. If I pack in some other lenses it can be pretty tight but I usually have one of the cameras around my neck which allows me to arrange it for quick access with the other body and lenses.

The MM-30 is quite a bit bigger and the top opens in the opposite direction so it takes a little getting used to. I usually use it when I cannot make up my mind on what lenses I want and I need my full sized iPad.

The MM-10 I use with one body with the 20 attached and the 14 and 45 tucked in and use that for local walking.

• Like Like x 2
  5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    My MM10 is well made. There's no plastic; just nylon or cordura fabric.

For the price, I don't think they can be beat; all the LowePro stuff is certainly inferior (bulky/over-padded, etc.).

Barry

6. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    I have the MM30 and find it, along with all the other Think Tank gear I have, well made and well designed.

7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I have all three of the MM bags and find them to be very well made, especially for their prices. Personally I've been disappointed in the quality of Lowepro and Tamrac bags, all of which I either returned upon receipt or sold after a use or two. I also own a Domke F-5XB and F-10 and am very pleased with those as well.

8. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I own the MM 10 and the MM 30

I can carry the Panasonic G3, plus the 20mm, 14mm and 4 batteries. The fit is tight with that combo. I just came back from a trip to Boston where I carried the 25 mm with hood attached, 4 batteries and several memory cards. I kept the 14 in my pocket for that one. I also have the 30 MM where I keep all of my m 4/3 equipment. I wanted something that was small and light and this fills the bill for me. I looked at several bags at a local camera store and ended up buying these two bags. After shooting since 1958, I have gone through several bags, and these are both good ones.
    www.photosbypike.com

9. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    The MM20 will be too small for 2 bodies and 3 lenses, especially with 2 of the lenses being zooms. My MM20 carries an E-M10, 12-40, 7.5, 40-150, spare battery, wrist & neck straps and auto extension tubes. It's pretty much maxed out. I'll have to get the MM30i when the fast 40-150 comes home.

10. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    When you receive the lens, please let us know if the MM20 will fit the body + 40-150 Pro lens (without your other lenses).

Thanks,
    Barry

11. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I hadn't seen these bags before, thanks!

I might also point you at the Tamrac Event Messenger series as something else to consider. These are a bit taller and the divider tops fold over to accommodate something like a OMD sorted holster style (lens pointed down) over the top of other lenses. However I believe the bag is more puffy (padded) than the MM and the strap while wider with an anti slip section is not removable nor is their a belt loop.

Based on the MM20 dimensions and what my Messenger 100 is like I'd think the 20 is an awkward fit for two bodies unless it is wide and tall enough for the GM1+12-35 to go in one slot vertically.

12. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Already measured the MM20 and it's going to be too short to take the 40-150 Pro on the E-M10 body.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fluberman

fluberman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 19, 2012
    Indonesia
    Alex
    Thanks everybody for your responses. Finally I got the MM20, it's smaller than it looks in the store's website. I can put the E-M10 + P 12-35 in horizontal position, and the GM1 + P 35-100/2.8 in vertical, but the fit is very tight and not enough room for the S 7.5. The bag is OK for carrying a body (or two) with some primes, but then I can use my other bag for that purpose. So I'm thinking of returning it, and replace it with a little bigger bag. Any recommendation ? Will Retrospective 5 fit well with the camera + lenses above? Or any other similar bag with less pricey?

14. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham

Take a look at the MM30i; it may fill the bill. It's a little more compact than a similar LowePro messenger bag and should hold all your lenses. Check out the photos and inner dimensions on the ThinkTank website.
    I'm going to have to get an MM30i when I get the 40-150 f2.8. I'll probably end up hauling my E-M10, the S7.5mm, Oly12-40, Oly40-150 f2.8, 1.4TC, extension tubes and small flash for macro work. The 300 f4 is a long way in the future and may have its' own case.

15. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    I think stevehuff reviewed the mm30...

imo most of the available bags looks too much "camerabag". i love to be more inconspicuous and therefore I use Domke's bags. the f-5xb could fit your needs here I guess...