Mirrorless Adapters 2018 Update (Metabones, Sigma, Commlite)

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
The whole thing is about auto-focus adapters to Canikon-mount auto-focus glass.

I was hoping it was more about speed booster optical performance. I'm pretty happy with my Kipon Baveyes Ultra, but keep wondering what the Metabones Ultra does that warrants three times the price. This video is not about that at all.

It's a nice video; it just might not be what you're interested in, which wasn't clear from it's title.

atarijedi

Mu-43 Regular
Did the Olympus have the latest firmware, where the m4/3 cameras set for the quickest refocus ?
Wouldn't really matter. Metabones themselves stated that their adapter doesn't work well with CAF. I've used it back with the EM1mk1 and it was shitty then, I didn't expect it to be any better now, especially since they've stated it hasn't improved.

It's quite adequate for SAF, but forget it for CAF. I'd go for native glass over using a focal reducer on M43 anyday.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom