1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Mirco Fun With Bees

Discussion in 'Nature' started by stanleyw, Sep 8, 2013.

1. stanleyw

stanleyw New to Mu-43

Sep 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    First of all I am new in Micro Photography and Mu-43. let to share and learn from everyone here. Thanks.

Here is my first element of my micro photo; "Bee". I am Using OMD with 60MM f2.8 micro lens. No extended tube added and micro filter added (cause I don't know how to work it out).
    This photo is taken at my backyard. Fun is when I catch up how to focus in micro photography and try to get better composition and posing on the bee. I notice 1 am actually 10 cm away from the bee hive.:eek:

This is the posion of photography.

Attached Files:

2. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Australia
    Good macro shots for a beginner. They are wasps though, not bees. The left is interesting as it shows behaviour that is common to my local wasps (Brisbane, Australia) where the guard inspects a recent arrival/forager. The second on is a good angle, from below and to the side but watch your background - that vertical 'pole' is a big distraction.

3. stanleyw

stanleyw New to Mu-43

Sep 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    Thanks for the useful information. I found most of the Marco shooter are expert in bugs. :). Will learn more from your guys.