1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase Mir-1sh 37mm f/2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by avidone, Aug 31, 2011.

1. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    It seems quite soft to me, although a nice type of soft. Seems rather typical of the cheaper old lenses I've tried (and sold).

3. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    like I said, these are all wide open, so I have not tried experimenting much yet stopped down. This lens seems to have a particular character I like, even if it is not razor sharp. Also, getting spot-on focus is a bit tricky for me yet, especially since with the adapter I have it focuses "beyond infinity"

4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Thanks. I'm looking at one of these now, mostly for my Leica IIIb, and am glad you know you like it and to see some samples. Do you know how it compares with the Jupiter 12??

5. swglera

swglera Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2013
    Mir 1

I got my pre-production Mir 1 from Moscow Photo for ninety bucks. Just tightened up the L1focus ring and I was set. These were pp'd, out of my E-PL-1:

Attached Files:

• a.
      a.jpg
      File size:
      261.4 KB
      Views:
    • i.
      i.jpg
      File size:
      219.1 KB
      Views:
    • g.
      g.jpg
      File size:
      258 KB
      Views:
    • f.
      f.jpg
      File size:
      253.6 KB
      Views:
  6. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    I agree 100%!

The Mir and Jupiter Russian lenses have a special way of "painting" the image, and the colors are contrasty and pleasing.

7. rpatodia

rpatodia Mu-43 Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    India
    Ramesh
    1st few pics with Mir 1B

Got my Mir 1B. Few problems - Difficult to focus accurately as focusing scale not accurate & focuses beyond infinity, flares too much so hood a necessity but inspite of problems liked the special character of the lens & got few good pics after post processing for excess light etc.

Bought @ USD 30 from a local 2nd hand dealer.

Posted in Portraits thread also