Showcase Mir-1sh 37mm f/2.8

avidone

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Spuff

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It seems quite soft to me, although a nice type of soft. Seems rather typical of the cheaper old lenses I've tried (and sold).

avidone

Mu-43 Top Veteran
like I said, these are all wide open, so I have not tried experimenting much yet stopped down. This lens seems to have a particular character I like, even if it is not razor sharp. Also, getting spot-on focus is a bit tricky for me yet, especially since with the adapter I have it focuses "beyond infinity"

Lawrence A.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Larry
Thanks. I'm looking at one of these now, mostly for my Leica IIIb, and am glad you know you like it and to see some samples. Do you know how it compares with the Jupiter 12??

swglera

Mu-43 Rookie
Mir 1

I got my pre-production Mir 1 from Moscow Photo for ninety bucks. Just tightened up the L1focus ring and I was set. These were pp'd, out of my E-PL-1:

Attachments

rpatodia

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ramesh
1st few pics with Mir 1B

Got my Mir 1B. Few problems - Difficult to focus accurately as focusing scale not accurate & focuses beyond infinity, flares too much so hood a necessity but inspite of problems liked the special character of the lens & got few good pics after post processing for excess light etc.

Bought @ USD 30 from a local 2nd hand dealer.

Posted in Portraits thread also

Picked up my Mir-1B copy last year at a flea market for $5, finally got around to checking it out on board a WWII Liberty ship, the SS John W Brown. Like many/most of my vintage lenses it's tricky to nail focus wide-open, and the aperture range lock is interesting but weird -- prob great for videographers, though -- but I think I like it.

P4890045 by Lewis Francis, on Flickr

P4890039 by Lewis Francis, on Flickr

P4890022-Edit by Lewis Francis, on Flickr

P4880998 by Lewis Francis, on Flickr

P4880965 by Lewis Francis, on Flickr

Latest posts

Top Bottom