1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Minor G2 anomalities

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Robert Spoecker, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Robert Spoecker

Robert Spoecker Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2010
    I have recently bought a Lumix G2 camera kit and am noticing a different behaviour than in all the other digital cameras I have owned over the years.

When shooting indoors in incadescent light the white balance is way to warm.
    I have to either shoot with flash or correct the white balance in a raw editor.

I recently shot a picture of a small bird at iso 100 which I posted here in the forum. It is in focus but a bit soft. I found when shooting at iso 400 the softness dissapears which is fine as at that iso setting there is no noise yet.

These two issues are minor. I just love my new camera. I beats lugging around my Canon 5D II all day. :biggrin:

Are you Panny shooters having the same experience?

Robert

2. Danny_Two

Danny_Two Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2010
    London
    On the G1 I tend to leave WB on Auto when outside, sun or cloud settings seem to put horrible hue in the image.

3. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

How about manual WB?

Incandescent light can still vary by a few hundred degrees Kelvin. Most models have an incandescent WB setting, or better yet use the manual WB. That's the most accurate way to go.

4. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    All of these m43 cameras actually have a true base ISO of 200, so ISO 100 is actually a bit of a push. Generally, people have found more dynamic range when shooting at 200 instead of 100. Just food for thought.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I always do a custom white balance when indoors. The AWB doesn't seem to work well unless there is flash, as you noticed. We have all compact fluorescent lights as well, which contributes to the problem. I just have one of the custom white balance settings saved and I use that whenever I'm shooting at home..