1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Minolta Lenses on Olympue E-PL1 : Video

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Robert Watcher, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

I ended up purchasing a Minolta X700 film camera a couple weeks ago, as a part of a package that included the Vivitar 285 flash that I was primarily interested in.

The kit came with 4 lenses - a 50mm f1.7, a 28mm, f2.8, a Vivitar 70-300 macro zoom, as well as a Soligor 28-70 macro zoom lens.

I quickly ordered a Minolta to micro 4/3 adaptor from ebay - and received it yesterday. I wanted to do some quick tests to get a feel for the focusing ring and a sense of the image quality. I went on to my porch this evening and shot a few video clips using each lens.

Here is the video using all 4 lenses:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3JDx3BaiHQ"]YouTube - Minolta MD lenses on Olympus E-PL1[/ame]

----

2. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    The videos look pretty good! Got to love those Minolta's..

3. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

I was wondering how the MF zooms would go on the EPL1 - now I know.
    Very good indeed it seems, and nice and quiet too.

I'm going to look for a couple of mid range zooms like the old 28-70 or 80 range and maybe a longer one too.
    Any particular recommendations?

4. scantron

scantron Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2010
    I have an almost identical setup (minus one of the zooms) and the Minolta lenses are great! I'm in love with the 50mm 1.7 and the 70-300 zoom.

You should fire up that X700 too, it's a great camera.

5. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

I plan on it. I've never been a Minolta guy - and got rid of all of my film gear (Olympus Om4's and Mamyia RZ67 stuff) 7 or 8 years ago. So it was kind of a bonus that I got a film camera again to play with if I feel like it. Although I find it pretty hard to imagine that I would use it any more than a time or two - - - but we'll see.:thumbup:

6. ChristopheG

ChristopheG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Minolta lenses are superb and works so properly and video is great.