1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Minolta Lenses on Olympue E-PL1 : Video

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Robert Watcher, Sep 29, 2010.

1. I ended up purchasing a Minolta X700 film camera a couple weeks ago, as a part of a package that included the Vivitar 285 flash that I was primarily interested in.

The kit came with 4 lenses - a 50mm f1.7, a 28mm, f2.8, a Vivitar 70-300 macro zoom, as well as a Soligor 28-70 macro zoom lens.

I quickly ordered a Minolta to micro 4/3 adaptor from ebay - and received it yesterday. I wanted to do some quick tests to get a feel for the focusing ring and a sense of the image quality. I went on to my porch this evening and shot a few video clips using each lens.

Here is the video using all 4 lenses:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3JDx3BaiHQ"]YouTube - Minolta MD lenses on Olympus E-PL1[/ame]

----

2. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    The videos look pretty good! Got to love those Minolta's..

3. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

I was wondering how the MF zooms would go on the EPL1 - now I know.
    Very good indeed it seems, and nice and quiet too.

I'm going to look for a couple of mid range zooms like the old 28-70 or 80 range and maybe a longer one too.
    Any particular recommendations?

4. scantron

scantron Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2010
    I have an almost identical setup (minus one of the zooms) and the Minolta lenses are great! I'm in love with the 50mm 1.7 and the 70-300 zoom.

You should fire up that X700 too, it's a great camera.

5. I plan on it. I've never been a Minolta guy - and got rid of all of my film gear (Olympus Om4's and Mamyia RZ67 stuff) 7 or 8 years ago. So it was kind of a bonus that I got a film camera again to play with if I feel like it. Although I find it pretty hard to imagine that I would use it any more than a time or two - - - but we'll see.:thumbup:

6. ChristopheG

ChristopheG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Minolta lenses are superb and works so properly and video is great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.