Minolta CE Rokkor 50mm f2.8 enlarger lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by anthonyrc, Oct 26, 2015.

1. anthonyrc

anthonyrc Mu-43 Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    This came to me, mint and in its screw case with other camera stuff in a Charity shop bargain box. I had no use for it but a friend who is an artist is interested in having originals copied to make prints. It was apparent that the rear element was in danger of fouling the mirror of my Canon 5D so tried it on my GF2 with a train of mu 4/3 to canon to m42 to m39 adapters. It wouldn't focus far enough away to cover a whole painting so have ordered a shorter mu 4/3 to m39 adapter. In the meanwhile I have experimented with some m42 extension tubes and it is quite useful for close up work though lacking a helicoid requires "foot focus".

There must be millions of unloved enlarger lenses out there, surprising that someone doesn't come up with a commercial all-in-one focussing adapter.

Next experiment will be to see if I can adapt it to make a better quality slide duplicator from one of the crappy Jessops ones I have in the cupboard.

Tony

2. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...Xm42+helicoid.TRS0&_nkw=m42+helicoid&_sacat=0

Use a m39 to m42 ring and you can mount enlarger lenses on a helicoid pretty easily. I've also have a pentax m42 bellows for the same reasoning. I also have a very thin m42 to m4/3 adapter rings for shorter focal lengths if I so desire (I think it's about 10mm rather than 40mm long).

I can take pictures of some of the above if you want/need, it's very functional however not all that pretty. The main downside to using enlarger lenses as taking lenses is they generally only have 5 blade apertures and out of focus areas are harsh, other than that they're exceptionally sharp at their recommended ratios.