1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Minolta AF 50mm 1.7 on a GF1

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Spaceghost33, May 28, 2011.

1. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    I have an old Minolta AF 50mm 1.7 lens and the correct adapter for a GF1 from Rainbowimaging and it works great. The only issue I think is that I'm stuck shooting wide open, since there doesn't seem to be a way to change the aperture via the adapter. The lens itself has no manual aperture adjustment.

Anyone else experience this?

2. Howi

Howi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2011
    Sheffield
    Howard
    there is NO electrical connection to the lens, how is it supposed to work???
    You need a lens with manual aperture control.
    Legacy lenses are FULL MANUAL ONLY for aperture and focus.

3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Why would the lens need an electric connection? The aperature on a Minolta 50mm F1.7 AF is mechanical.

OP, the aperature is mechanical but there isn't a ring to control it. It's meant to be controlled using the lever in the mount. A MA adapter should come with a control to access this lever. You should be able to set it that way.

4. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    doh!

After reading the description of the adapter again (there's a novel idea!) on eBay, I realized that you CAN indeed adjust the aperture via the ring on the adapter. The only problem is that there are no stops or markings. You have to sort of just guess at the aperture. At least 1.7 and 22 will be easy!:smile:

Now to try the 35-70 1.4 Minolta AF I also have.

Thanks.