Showcase Minolta 50mm f/1.7 Rokkor MD

Driggs

Mu-43 Regular
E-PL1 / MD ROKKOR-X 50mm F1.7 / Not sure what my images were at.. I believe 1.7 except for the trail one, which was about f8.. I pick up my E-M5 next week and cant wait!

Timberline Lodge
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Portland, OR

My shirt on a table.. I really liked the color, brightness and lights in the backround

Eagle Creek Trail

XKin

New to Mu-43
Just got my em5 and 3 lenses, including this 30-year old vintage Minolta MD Rokkor-X 50mm f1.4 and find it really working well with portraits as well as still life. I am a painter hunting for moments mostly for references for my works.

Still new with a lot to learn, admittedly. Will appreciate some sound advice on portrait/street and fine art photography. Thanks!

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

I had these lens for a while, but only recently spent some real time with it, it is a real gem...

Found this lens in an "antique" shop yesterday for the cost of two cups of coffee. I find it very easy to focus. It seems to be more contrasty than it's older sibling the MC 55mm f1.7, which is good for subjects in the shade at dusk. I also find the bokeh delicious, even when stopped down to f5.6. The resolution is good. I cropped some to the photos to about a third to a quarter of original and can see good details. I'll have to make room in my bag to carry this lens at all times.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

cluber77

Mu-43 Regular
I’ve also got this lense, I’m waiting to get the adapter from eBay, I really like to take some shots with this lense and my GX80 camera.

Apollo T.

Mu-43 Veteran
@mcgrillro, there several mfrs whose stuff is readily aavailable on Amazon- approx $25. Since I have an Oly body and a Panny I bought an adaptor for each. Minolta made well regarded glass. Craig’s list for your area should be a valuable resource for cheap good lenses.
Enjoy

Thanks Apollo T - I'll stick with the two Minolta MD lenses I have for now, as by the time i pay postage the cost increases very significantly unfortunately. I am in NZ so not able to grab the great deals those i the US have access to.

Top Bottom