Showcase Minolta 28mm f/2.8 MD W. Rokkor

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Hi addieleman,

I'm glad you made an appearance. When you don't show up to tease me in the Rokkor threads I always wonder where you went...:smile:

Using the 28mm provides me with a nice familiar 56mm FOV, kind of like my first 35mm camera with its 55mm lens. Shooting the 28mm on µ43 is like old times.

Glad you came by...

Alan

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
Hi Gary,

Oooh, you arrived late to this dance.. but always welcome.

I'm surprised addieleman hasn't checked in on todays post, he almost always meets me in the Rokkor image threads.

I still enjoy my little 28mm Rokkor, and it provides a nice 56mm FL on µ43.

It's one I tend to keep in my everyday bag.

-Alan
Hi Alan, my vacation is over now :frown: so less time for toying around with cameras and lenses and browsing this forum. And sadly, I can't post pics here because I usually take my MD 28/2 with me, not a 28/2.8; well, maybe I'll trespass in the future.:smile:

BTW, it becomes quite crowded here. I'm counting no less than 5 people here shooting with a Minolta 28/2.8. :biggrin:

supermaxv

Mu-43 Veteran
This is a fun lens (picked it up at a local camera store here in Seattle), but I'm still not used to the focal length on a 2x crop body. Does make cats look cute though. Super easy to focus on my E-PL1 - I can pull focus without needing to magnify these days.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/edtang/6325190368/" title="Anne Shirley - 12/2/11 by Ed Tang, on Flickr">
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"1024" height="768" alt="Anne Shirley - 12/2/11"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/edtang/6497257807/" title="Anne Shirley - 1/1/12 by Ed Tang, on Flickr">
"1024" height="768" alt="Anne Shirley - 1/1/12"></a>

dbuckle

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
David Buckle
Nice, strong picture! How do you like this lens compared to your Hexanon lenses (guessing you have a Hexanon 28mm as well)?
Yes I do have a couple of Hexanon 28mm lenses and really like them. I've only taken a couple of photos with this lens but i find it very nice to focus, brighter then the Hex. I think it is a keeper. The one I have isn't marked Rokkor so I don,t know if there is any difference. I believe it is a newer lens because its marked in orange instead of green. Here is another quick shot, my wife will kill me if she sees it she hates having he photo taken.

Summer Read by dbuckle2695, on Flickr

Minolta 28 by dbuckle2695, on Flickr

addieleman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ad
Tell your wife she looks good with a Minolta lens ... or maybe not :wink:. From what you describe it must be a late Minolta MD lens indeed and that mostly means that you get punchy pictures, like this one. Yesterday I bought a Hexanon AR 28/3.5 on eBay, looking forward to compare it with my Minolta 28mm lenses.

Michael in China

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Michael
Yesterday I went for a walk with only an MD 28/2.8, a Locally-made adaptor and the E-M5. Here's one from the camera, no post. The lens was probably set to about f11 and zone focussed for this snapshot (we were both about to cross the road). ISO200 and 1/125.

I thought the E-M5 handled the difficult lighting with applomb - though reflected light off the road helped too.

fwa2500

Mu-43 Regular
went out to have a play in the snow but ended up disappointed, so i took a photo instead

Winter by fwa2500, on Flickr

Nubster

New to Mu-43
So is there a preferred version of this lens? Difference between the 55mm and 49mm filter diameter versions? Alan, which are you using? I am very interested in this lens but not sure which to grab.

Nubster

New to Mu-43
So is there a preferred version of this lens? Difference between the 55mm and 49mm filter diameter versions? Alan, which are you using? I am very interested in this lens but not sure which to grab.
I see now Alan hasn't been here since June last year. Anyone else have an idea which lens is the better, if one is even better than the other, or which lens Alan was using for the shots in this thread?

dbuckle

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
David Buckle

Into the Fog by dbuckle2695, on Flickr

Geese in the Fog by dbuckle2695, on Flickr

Real Name
Melissa
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/web-betty/11403893343/" title="131209_EPL2_PC096020 by Web-Betty, on Flickr">
"800" height="600" alt="131209_EPL2_PC096020"></a>

hautere

New to Mu-43
hi Alan, I was searching som experience over Pentax 28mm versus Minolta 28mm lenses. I have Pentax (M42) 3.5/28mm and Minolta 3.5/28mm, but I have been thinking to have also Minolta 2.8/28mm. You have written in March and May 2011 some comparison, but I did not understand which of these lenses You revieved more sharp and contrasty? I am greatful to have some more or more exact opinion of Yours. Heikki

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom