Showcase Minolta 20mm f/2.8 MD W.Rokkor

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by addieleman, Nov 16, 2011.

1. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Bought this one last weekend and thought I'd share some first impressions of this one. I won't do reviews anymore because a) you can't judge a lens by 1 sample really and b) I simply don't feel like doing all the work that a good review requires.

Not an award-winning picture, but it shows what this lens can do.

My sample is quite sharp in the centre, but much less so in the corners. Combined with a rather nice bokeh I've got a lens that can draw attention to the image's center portion because the rest fades away in defocus or aberration blur. I suppose this will only work in larger prints; see below what I'm talking about. The lower left corner shows unsharpness of what is in focus and the right border shows the lower part which is in focus and the upper part which is not; they both blend in quite well I think. This lens has quite pronounced distortion, which I didn't correct for in these shots. I did however correct for CA because I got quite nasty colour fringes when not corrected; I dialled in -38/-26 in ACR for Red/Cyan and Blue/Yellow resp.

Here's another one that might actually turn in to something good if I look at it again in a few days and do some PP on it. It's the contrasty and sharp leaves in the foreground as opposed to the fainter and unsharper background that I see some potential in.

• Like Like x 2