Showcase Minolta 135mm f3.5 MD

jarl

Mu-43 Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not the best picture at all, but I was surprised with the performance of the lens :)
Minolta MD 135 f3.5 Celtic @ f8 (I think), using a Minolta MD to mu-43 adapter and ~20mm Minolta spacers. Because of the location of this guy (patio door mesh, some 6ft from the ground) I couldn't use a tripod, and I managed to prop the camera (barely) far from the subject (~20in perhaps), so the fact the picture came out at all is amazing.

MarkRyan

Instagram: @MRSallee
I picked up a copy of this lens from a thrift store a while back, for $7.50. Didn't know anything about it, the lens was/is MINT so I couldn't resist.

The first time I shot with it was in bad light -- too bright -- and the photos turned out terrible. I just kinda ignored the lens after that.

But newly inspired by a recently-acquired OM 50mm lens, I pulled out the Rokkor...and got some decent results :) I quite like the focal length, and the colors that come through are warm, contrasty. It doesn't get very sharp, at least not by f/5.6 which is as much as I've stopped it down, but it's not bad at all. A fun lens to use, certainly worth the money I paid.

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
I like the lens. It imparts a feeling of shot on film all by itself. It's definitely not sharp at 3.5 but that's what I like about it. It does have a pinkish fringe CA in brighter edges in the areas that are just out of focus. All of these taken on an E-M5 with MD 135mm 3.5, shot RAW, Auto tone and/or minor tweaking in LR, exported to 2048px wide JPG for quick upload. I also have the much older early MC QD version. That one is softer still.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom