1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Showcase Minolta 135mm f2.8 MC Tele Rokkor

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by WithOpenedEyes, May 27, 2016.

1. Technically, this lens doesn't fit into the regular MC category, as there were changes in the line designated by the dropping of the 2 letter lens code after the word Rokkor. It's actually more like an early MD than a MC. This is a very nice chunk of glass on m4/3, but it really wants to be on something that has a grip. There's enough weight to warrant this, although there are heavier 135's. It does balance fairly well on the M10 though. It's sharp enough to start with, but the images seem to take nicely to additional sharpness in post. Color is just really nice. I had a hard time believing it when seeing the first batch on the screen. Processing notes here for these: just a quick touch up with curves and a generous dash of unsharp mask. That's it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    John, these are very nice. Were they shot wide open? I have been thinking about getting a legacy 135 recently and with some research had narrowed my choices to either a Minolta MC or a m42 SMC Takumar. These sample certainly suggest that I would not go wrong with the Minolta.

BTW, I really like the ECG-1 on the E-M10 and would recommend it if you do not already have it. It makes the handling of my O75-300II much better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    Thanks. That's useful information and agrees with what I have figured out so far. Weight is something I am looking out for as well. I sold my Nikon legacy glass (other than the 50/1.8) a few years ago, but the old Nikon 135/2.8 was about a pound or so. Good point about the coatings as well. The Minoltas do seem to be lighter, especially the late MCs and the MDs. I am watching a couple on eBay and will pull the trigger on one over the weekend.