1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Minimal bag for - Disneyland!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Cr0b4r, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Cr0b4r

Cr0b4r Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2013
    I just got an E-PM2 and would like a minimal bag for carrying it and the kit lens attached. Some initial findings:
    Think Tank MIrrorless Mover 5 - http://www.amazon.com/Think-Tank-Mirrorless-Telephoto-Pancake/dp/B00CHPQ1EU/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386996372&sr=1-4&keywords=think+tank+5
    Olympus Casual Premium Canvas - http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Casual-Premium-Canvas-Camera/dp/B00479TG3C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386996437&sr=1-1&keywords=olympus+casual

I'll likely have a backpack, so I might also be putting the camera in there with other crap. So maybe some sort of camera case would be better... decisions, decisions...
    Any camera storing/carrying strategies are appreciated!

2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Seriously, you don't need a camera bag for an E-PM2 with a kit lens. Max a neoprene wrap or pouch (or small insert) you can put in whatever bag you already drag around with you.

My current frustration with finding a good bag for me is the fact I have plenty of options if I'm dragging a full kit (often a cheap but comfortable black backpack with a crumpler insert), but most shoulder bags/messenger bags are too bulky for my taste. The mirrorless movers are close (for a full kit) but I really want something as an everyday carry (meaning fits my 13" MacBook Air and should hold a 13" retina), and have the rest compartmentalizable for either just camera or normal 'stuff'.

• Like Like x 1
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I have the Lowepro Compact ILC Courier 70 and it will fit the E-PM2 and kit lens. Plus, I think you could squeeze a VF in there and possibly a smaller prime too.

4. Jewood1234

Jewood1234 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2011
    I have the MM5 and it works great for the EPM1, 45 and the 12mm. Assume the EPM2 isn't too much larger?

Disney has so much detail to photograph....enjoy.

5. Joelmusicman

Joelmusicman Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    EPM2 is practically the same size as the EPM1; aside from minor changes it's the same body with the newer 16mp sensor.