Mini-Review: Micro Solution Digital Camera Anti-Fingerprint Display Protection Film (

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jnewell, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    You all are going to stone me because I have enough time to do a quick write-up but no time for pics until at least the any case...

I have settled on the GGS or similar multiple layer laminated glass screens to provide a little extra scratch and impact protection for the LCDs on my various other cameras, but they don't work at all for a touchscreen like those on recent Panasonic Lumix bodies, like my new GX1.

I dug around in the archives here and did some Google research, which among other things confirmed the fact that a film that would work on a cellphone would work well on the GX1.

Having gotten that far, I wanted something that would provide greater clarity and greater sensitivity than something like the Zagg Invisible Shield skins, which I've used on other touchscreens without a lot of satisfaction.

What I decided to try was something called "Micro Solution Digital Camera Anti-Fingerprint Display Protection Film (Pro Guard AF)." This was sold in a package of two for $14 with free shipping, so I went ahead and ordered it.

The short bottom line is that this is proving to be very satisfactory, within the limitations of a touchscreen. It was very accurately sized, easy to apply and went down perfectly with no bubbles or other glitches. The instructions on the maker's website were well written and easy to follow.

In use, it is crystal clear and doesn't impede the sensitivity of the touchscreen at all, as far as I can tell. It has a glossy surface, so it is not non-glare, but neither was the glass screen, so there's no net negative effect in that regard. Obviously, it's not going to provide a great deal of impact protection, but if it did you'd sacrifice use of the touchscreen, which would be problematic because a few of the GX1's "controls" are only available via the touchscreen.

I'd highly recommend this, within the limitations noted above. :2thumbs: :43: