1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Ming Thein Review of EM1 part 2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by drd1135, Sep 11, 2013.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
  2. rnagoda

rnagoda Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Robert
    Looks pretty good, obviously. Things are getting pretty interesting for m4/3's future with the introduction of this camera.

The only thing I'd take him to task on is that he doesn't include the 7D build quality and weather sealing as 'excellent' even though it is well-known to be able to survive in situations which would make most photographers run and hide in fear. But that's of little consequence to the conversation here, of course.

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I guess for analytical comparisons, his site is okay. But his reviews generally bore me.

4. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    We, of course, like it because it is positive. I am a little concerned about the lack of enthusiasm on a lot of sites around the PDAF. This is the key feature for me with this camera. If it is not OK then I have a problem.

5. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    Nothing about moire? I actually don't need that much sensor sharpness (vs. lens sharpness), but moire would be annoying for me.

6. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Really? While I don't read him daily, he is my favorite. Classy and a good writer. Who do you like? I actually should try to find someone who focuses on landscape.:biggrin: