Mimosa Rocks

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by PeterB666, May 3, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Mimosa Rocks is located on the far south coast of New South Wales, Australia. You really need a wide lens to do this site justice and the 20mm Panasonic is not in its element here but that's what I had to work with...

Pre-dawn, 3 shots stiched together...

4573695287_023818f63f_o.

The totems are not quite natural.

Sunrise...

4573695047_8cf16d224d_o.

Early morning rainbow - why do I keep getting rained upon just after a dawn shoot?

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

You get rained upon in order to give you these wonderful photos! What a truly fantastic part of the world you live in, Peter.

I wish I could see the stitched together one, in particular, in a larger format. Do you keep these anywhere else that we might see them larger?

• Like Like x 1
  3. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    I have uploaded one about double the size for you here - just click on the thumbnail ...

I rarely apply any extra noise reduction so much larger than this would need a little work to look good. Cheers

If you are ever in the neighbourhood, I will give you directions to some of my favourite spots but I am still in the early parts of exploring these myself.

The Mimosa Rocks shoot was a lot of fun but on this occassion, not a great dawn. I had much better on other days either side of it. This site a bit hairy to access in the night as there is around 4 km of single lane dirt road at the end of it plus the threat of hitting a kangaroo or wombat while driving so extreme care is required to get there.

Cheers, PeterB666

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I love it in its larger format and think it is even better. I'm oblivious to "noise" and think that the scene and the lighting...and your ability to put it altogether and be there, through the threat of a kangaroo or wombat, let alone dealing with the road, or lack thereof, for this is wonderful.

Thanks so much Peter!

5. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    Reallly nice, thanks for these. The stiichedone inparticular looks great!