Milky Way

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mark
My first attempt at using my equatorial mount for the milky way and since it was 180 degrees out from my polar alignment (Polaris) I had to spin the declination around to photograph it. I'll bring a ball head with me next time.

Jupiter and Saturn are visible in the left of the image.

DSCF4268.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PeHa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
In the Stockholm Archipelago. A couple of meteors from the Perseid meteor shower can be seen. With the 8mm FE f1.8, somewhat defished and somewhat cropped.

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
My humble addition, taken in Three Rivers CA which is the foothills of Sequoia National Park.

PeHa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A milky way shot this weekend, quite windy (see the reed) which made it somewhat challenging.
50353053527_5b1b25fbb8_o.jpg

Joshua Tree NP

PeHa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A tracker helps to catch details, here's a 4 minutes exposure @f1.8 with m.Zuiko 8mm FE. Andromeda can be seen to the left on the lower part.
50359693363_d09da55b1e_o.jpg

Last edited:

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
I bought a tracker last week. But the clouds have been blocking my view of Polaris. That also means that the rest of the sky is also peppered with clouds. Frustrating to say the least.

Mountain_Man_79

Wu-Tang is Forever
Real Name
Chris
Anytime you buy astronomy gear the package comes padded with bad weather... Congrats..
Yup. A few years ago I rented a pair of specialty lenses just for a weekend outing centered around astro. The area of the DESERT I was at promptly received record high rainfall. Pro tip; you can’t do astro when it’s cloudy out. No one bothers to tell you this.

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
Here is my first succesful photo of Milky Way, last was not in a very dark place. This time I went out in the archipelago by a ferry. Took my eBike to outer end of island Marstrand. And wow! That place was dark (compared to where I use to be). Some light in the back but on milky it was out over the sea, very dark. Only a lighthouse in the lower right. Was a nice foreground there also. Great place!
(besides the fact that I hit the last ferry on the way to the island, way back you had to call for the ferry and wait to get back :laugh:).
I had brought tea, sandwiches, chocolate and candy. Was there four hours and took some various photos.

50361241871_613d801287_b.jpg
Marstrand Milky Way
by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
I edited some from the same set at last (see above), that shot was south-west (towards milky center), I had also one in opposite direction, north-east. This direction was not as much light polluted so it turned out to get slightly better result. I had only three exposures for stacking so a littly noiser. And also camera in landscape mode! :) well well, after all I think it was quite a cool photo anyway.

Marstrand Milky Way North
by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom