Milky Way w/ EM10

marting24

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Martin Gonzalez
I was at Zion National Park earlier this month and really wanted to get some shots of some stars while I was there, so I went into the park late one night and did just that. I really didn't expect to get the Milky Way that night. It was all really just a bit of dumb luck that I stumbled upon it!

I saw some weird cloudy foggy area in the sky, above a mountain and figured I should shoot at it right before I left back to the hotel. (We didn't camp :smile:) When I saw the milky way appear on my EM10 after the exposure, I jumped in joy!

Next time I venture off to shoot some astrophotography, I really have to remember to take multiple shots so I can combine them later in post for less noise.

The image I'm posting was a bit underwhelming for me but I figure it is my first attempt, so I should be proud :yahoo:

Here it is!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/url]Milky Way by MGRX100, on Flickr[/IMG]

Question for any of you.

How do you go about editing your Astro Shots?

pbraun

Mu-43 Rookie
I've just started, but a friend of mine who's been doing this for several years turned me on to Deep Sky Stacker. Works extremely well - you just add a mess of light frames, a smaller mess of dark frames, hit the button and walk away until it's done. Once you get the stacked image rendered, you can import into PS or LR or whatever for further manipulation/clarity. http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/index.html is the site. Free, good (windows only, though. I have a separate Windows box just for running a few apps that aren't available for Mac.)

Top Bottom