Milkbooks+Molskine photobooks?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by dylandingo, Dec 26, 2012.

1. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    Moleskine Photo Books

I saw this on a photography related blog I follow and I thought it might make an interesting photobook to have. They are a bit pricy but I was kind of thinking this might be a good alternative than using Aperture's photobooks. Does anyone here have any experience ordering from Milkbooks?

2. justin4192

justin4192 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2011
    Fairfax, VA, USA
    They look very nice and seem to be reasonably priced compared to basic photobooks from Snapfish and the like. They cost more, but not outrageously more. I'm interested as well if anyone has experience with them. I'm going to make a book with Blurb sometime soon and then later on I'll be making one for my wedding. These Moleskine books look more special and unique.

3. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    You are right, they aren't that much more compared to other services. I was thinking since the photo is attached to the really nice moleskine paper it could add a nice touch to hand write whatever titles, dates, or anything other info you'd want with the photo(or if your handwriting is like mine ask a friend.) I'm just more concerned with their printing quality and any tip how to export my photos to get the best prints I can.

4. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    I have no experience with those, and hope someone has and will report here...
    I would not expect the pictures to be on the standard Moleskin paper; that is not really good printing paper. On the other hand, the rounded corners, the elastic band and the option for a slip cover do look very classy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    "Ivory acid-free FSC certified paper with the character of Moleskine" is how they describe their printing paper, if that helps?