mikekiwi, not really a kiwi

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by mikekiwi, Dec 16, 2010.

1. mikekiwi

mikekiwi Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi all,

I just joined the group of M43-owners and registered myself on this forum. I recently bought the E-PL1 with the kit-zoom and already had some fun with it (as can be seen here: 1st posting ).
    I have ordered a Pentax-K to M43-adapter so I will be able to use my vintage Pentax-stuff on my little Pen-pal. I'm already looking forward to that!

I also do own a Nikon D50 with some lenses (VR kitzoom, Tamron telezoom and Lensbaby 2.0), i'm very much in doubt if I should sell the DSLR-kit or for instance buy a Nikon->M43 adapter so I can use these lenses on the E-PL1.

I've got some experience in photography, about 20 years now. Talking about years, some personal stuff: I'm a 38 year old, male, married, 1 daughter, a cat and a Saab :rolleyes:

Oh, and for those interested: I'm not from New Zealand, only my familyname looks a bit like "kiwi"...

I hope to be around here a lot and hope that I can find and share some information over here!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Mike and thanks for jumping right in with your photos and your intro!:2thumbs:
  3. mikekiwi

mikekiwi Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks a lot!
  4. gracefruit

gracefruit Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2010
    central scotland
    Hello from Scotland! I've just ordered the same adaptor. Looking forward to seeing your seeing your shots.
  5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia

I have an E-P1 and more recently acquired second-hand Nikon D90 with some lenses. I will be getting an adapter with aperture control in the not too distant future.

I have found there are some things that are better done with the Olympus and some that are better with the Nikon. To me, they complement each other.
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome from Holland ! I do look forward to shots from your Saab!
  7. mikekiwi

mikekiwi Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for your replies! In the meantime (forgot to post this in my initial reply) I sold my DSLR-kit. So the Nikon is gone. Not sure if another DSLR will enter the building, but if this is the case it will be a Pentax.
    As I have some nice legacy glass for Pentax (50/1.7, 28/2.8 and Tokina AT-X90/2.5 Macro) it would be very nice if I can use it on a DSLR as well.

There is also a Konica Hexanon 40/1.8 on its way and yesterday I ordered the adaptor to use it on the E-PL1 (but it will take some time before it will arrive in the Netherlands).

@Herman: komt goed! :smile:
  8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Mike - even psuedo kiwis are welcome here.