mikekiwi, not really a kiwi

mikekiwi

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all,

I just joined the group of M43-owners and registered myself on this forum. I recently bought the E-PL1 with the kit-zoom and already had some fun with it (as can be seen here: 1st posting ).
I have ordered a Pentax-K to M43-adapter so I will be able to use my vintage Pentax-stuff on my little Pen-pal. I'm already looking forward to that!

I also do own a Nikon D50 with some lenses (VR kitzoom, Tamron telezoom and Lensbaby 2.0), i'm very much in doubt if I should sell the DSLR-kit or for instance buy a Nikon->M43 adapter so I can use these lenses on the E-PL1.

I've got some experience in photography, about 20 years now. Talking about years, some personal stuff: I'm a 38 year old, male, married, 1 daughter, a cat and a Saab :rolleyes:

Oh, and for those interested: I'm not from New Zealand, only my familyname looks a bit like "kiwi"...

I hope to be around here a lot and hope that I can find and share some information over here!

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Greetings.

I have an E-P1 and more recently acquired second-hand Nikon D90 with some lenses. I will be getting an adapter with aperture control in the not too distant future.

I have found there are some things that are better done with the Olympus and some that are better with the Nikon. To me, they complement each other.

mikekiwi

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for your replies! In the meantime (forgot to post this in my initial reply) I sold my DSLR-kit. So the Nikon is gone. Not sure if another DSLR will enter the building, but if this is the case it will be a Pentax.
As I have some nice legacy glass for Pentax (50/1.7, 28/2.8 and Tokina AT-X90/2.5 Macro) it would be very nice if I can use it on a DSLR as well.

There is also a Konica Hexanon 40/1.8 on its way and yesterday I ordered the adaptor to use it on the E-PL1 (but it will take some time before it will arrive in the Netherlands).

@Herman: komt goed! :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom