Mid range tablet advice

JanW

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I want to buy a new tablet to view my photos when I'm away from home.
It will not be used for editing, I'm a jpeg shooter and the idea is to be able to review the photos on the tablet screen and edit them in camera when necessary (always shoot raw+jpeg).
Until now I always used an 8" tablet, first an iPad mini and after that Lenovo tablets (now Lenovo tab4 8 plus).
Unfortunately the Lenovo is only 16Gb and does not see the extra 32Gb SD card as full internal memory even when it is formatted as internal memory. Which means that memory is full after one week (80% used without photos).
I have found ways to work around it but it feels like it's not up to the job.

So the question is: what are good options with a max. budget of €500? I'm looking for a 10" tablet now because it will be better for viewing photos.
I tried my wife's iPad 2019 and it seems to do exactly what I want but I'm not a fan of the Apple system (file sharing with other systems).
Are there other options? I found the Samsung Tab S6 lite but how is it's display?
And will it browse my camera's SD card fast enough? (my Lenovo is so slow it's not a usable option) The iPad works fine this way.

Hope you can help me choose.

Jan

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have the S6 standard. It is blazing fast on whatever I do and the screen is great. Have a USB dock with card reader and other in it.
It should get cheaper now when the S7 comes.

I've an S4 and love it.
Had several S Pen tablets.
No worries with speed but I don't do any serious editing.

I've hooked mine upto a Samsung external screen which works okay too.

I see there's an S7 now.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
I actually use an iPad Pro 12.9 for all my photography needs. The screen is actually bigger than the 13” MBA and MBP because of the 4:3 aspect ratio. I know that model is too high in your price range, but I find it great for me and totally recommend the iPad. You could check the Apple Refurbished section of the store for possibly better deals. Right now when I check the US Apple Refurb store, I can get a 2019 iPad Air for 15% off retail (419 USD) and it will be like new with the 1 year warranty and elligible for Applecare.

The file system can be a bit of a drag, but at least now it supports external drives, so you can copy whatever you want out.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom