1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Micro Four Thirds in Excel Spread Sheet

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by RaZZ3R, May 15, 2013.

1. RaZZ3R

RaZZ3R Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2011
    Italy
    Ovidiu
    So I tried to gather all the prices of the lenses with native mounts for Micro Four Thirds that are available in both Europe and US and smash them in Excel Spreadsheet.

The problem was that some lenses are not available in Italy, and even some old ones, so I had to convert them from $ to €. The prices where gathered from www.trovaprezzi.com (which is a database for other sites where you can purchase) with the first 3 lowest prices available and calculated the average of those 3. The lenses that are not available in Italy where converter from the price of B&H.

[​IMG]

The coloring was done for a more helpful comparison between the lenses and for that reason I choosen Weight, Length and Filter Thread as specifications (for performance search for reviews).

Blue: Very Low
    Green: Low
    Yellow: Medium
    Orange: High
    Red: Very High

For Weight I made the following categorization:

0-125 gr. = Blue
    125-250 gr. = Green
    250-500 gr. = Yellow
    500-750 gr. = Orange
    750-2000 gr. = Red

For Length I made the following categorization:

0-2.5cm = Blue
    2.5-5cm = Green
    5-7.5cm = Yellow
    7.5-10cm = Orange
    10-46cm = Red

For Filter Thread I made the following categorization:

No Filter Thread + 22mm + 37mm = Blue
    46mm = Green
    52mm + 55mm + 58mm = Yellow
    62mm + 67mm = Orange
    72mm + 95mm + 105mm = Red

For Price I made the following categorization:

0-300 = Blue
    300-500 = Green
    500-750 = Yellow
    750-1000 = Orange
    1000-1250 = Red

The color comparison is for and between the Micro Four Thirds lenses and not other systems and may not be to your liking and/or opinion.

The circle means that it does not have a filter thread and the ? means that there are no available information (from B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders) and I did not search more of it ... sorry about that.

The T-Mount and the purple at the last column are just a few filters that I'm interested in.

I hope you might find this useful as it is to me (I have made a few of this for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax and Samsung for study).

2. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
  3. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Thanks for the link to UK prices. Since the GB pound dropped relative to the Euro, there are some nice deals to be had by ordering from the UK for those of us in Europe.

4. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    Very useful! Shame the lenses I want most are the expensive ones (Guess I'm not the only one)
    Any chance of posting the Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax... spreadsheets too? They'd potentially be helpful for those of us who play with 'Legacy' lenses... :biggrin: :drinks:

5. RaZZ3R

RaZZ3R Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2011
    Italy
    Ovidiu
    Hmmmm ... I might but I don't know if enough people may find it useful enough to counterbalance the people who won't (and might be annoyed by posting useless threads, in their opinions) ... and because the prices change often (but little in term of amount on short 3-6 months) I don't have time to invest in updating them.

6. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    I'm sure there are sevral who'd find it useful in the legacy lens sub forum, and even 5 year old prices will give some idea of relative prices. If for instance I'm after a faster ~200mm legacy lens I'd have some idea of options in the mounts I use (M42 & PK for me) but a summary table might show me another system has a workable option that it's worth getting an adapter for. Whilst e-bay has the option of searching accross mounts many other websites don't...

I'm not suggesting frequent updates just share the work you've already done, it might inspire others to expand your options too :wink:

7. RaZZ3R

RaZZ3R Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2011
    Italy
    Ovidiu
    Done ... hope you might find something useful there :wink: