Micro Four Thirds - Black Friday Deals 2011

veereshai

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Awesome deals everyone, thank you for posting and keep them coming :).

I got my hands on the 45mm f1.8, couldn't be happier :D.

Leungw,
The same deal is available on Fry's as well. So, if someone misses it on adorama, do give Fry's a shot.
http://www.frys.com/ads/page5

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I also heard that Panasonic is going to unleash their EPP pricing to everyone on black friday, perhaps starting from midnight, EST? Anyone who wants to grab that PL25 for $449 watch out!

$449. is the EPP price. Maybe they'll have it lower tonight.

scottyboy

Mu-43 Regular
I logged in using facebook, and mine doesn't show that price.. :frown:

i'm getting 2 different prices $449.00 and i think $539.00 seems like it changes every half hr. or so. i'm not using facebook. try using the panasonic north america link at the top of this page,it looks like you do pay tax also. about $32.00

drizek

Mu-43 Veteran

Leungw,
The same deal is available on Fry's as well. So, if someone misses it on adorama, do give Fry's a shot.
FRYS.com

What is the 45mm deal?

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Was looking at home theatre stuff...site is sporadic, looks to be all the same for the camera bodies, for those with the EPP access looks like pricing is the same.

John M Flores

Super Moderator

Leungw,
FRYS.com

This particular ad is telling - 2 Sony NEX, 1 Canon, and one Panasonic GF3. Three mirrorless vs 1 dSLR. All with similar prices and similar specs on the ads. This may be the first year that mirrorless really goes toe-to-toe with dSLRs. This could be a breakout holiday season...

drizek

Mu-43 Veteran
I think the entry level SLR is basically dead. There is room at the $1000 range for people who need PDAF, OVFs and all the other nice features, but for people who were buying SLRs just for the image quality or DOF, mirror less makes a lot more sense.

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
I think the entry level SLR is basically dead. There is room at the $1000 range for people who need PDAF, OVFs and all the other nice features, but for people who were buying SLRs just for the image quality or DOF, mirror less makes a lot more sense.

I have to disagree as evidenced by Canon & Nikon entry level DSLR sales. People buy what the want, not what they need. This is proven in car sales. A car is needed to get from point A to point B. And yet, look at what many people are driving when all they really need is a Kia. :smile:

drizek

Mu-43 Veteran
m43 isn't really a Kia. It's more like a VW Golf or a Mazda MX-5.

CDAF in these cameras is actually superior to a lot of the PDAF systems in lower end SLRs. My EPL1 focuses much faster than my E-510, for example. The same goes for viewfinders. The VF2 is nicer than the OVF on the E510(from what I've read. I've actually decided I don't really need a viewfinder anymore), but it won't be able to match the OVF on an E-5.

coaltrain

Mu-43 Regular
I just got in at the Panasonic site - had to keep refreshing the pages as I went....got the GH2 w/14-140 lens for 1124.96.

I wish I had bought it last week when B&H had it for 1149.00 but missed out when I couldn't make up my mind......

veereshai

Mu-43 Top Veteran
What is the 45mm deal?

Sorry about the confusion. I bought the 45mm from PrimeTime here and I received it today, hence the excitement about it :).

This particular ad is telling - 2 Sony NEX, 1 Canon, and one Panasonic GF3. Three mirrorless vs 1 dSLR. All with similar prices and similar specs on the ads. This may be the first year that mirrorless really goes toe-to-toe with dSLRs. This could be a breakout holiday season...

Could be. I hope it is.

And for everyone who wants to buy a Canon 5dMKII, be ready with your details on newegg..
Newegg.com - Today Only -- ULTRA-SECRET Black Friday Deals at Newegg.com --

This one goes live in 20 mins.

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just got in at the Panasonic site - had to keep refreshing the pages as I went....got the GH2 w/14-140 lens for 1124.96.

I wish I had bought it last week when B&H had it for 1149.00 but missed out when I couldn't make up my mind......

that's been the epp price on that cam for weeks.

SamoyedPapa

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The sales have been rather underwhelming for me so far. After a whole day of shooting indoors with the 20mm that struggled mightily to autofocus quickly and accurately, I would have gladly picked up the 25mm at Panny's website, but it's not much of a deal at $540.

SamoyedPapa

Mu-43 Top Veteran

If they are dead, consumers apparently have not been informed yet. Amazon's list of best selling cameras shows the list dominated by entry-level DSLRs. http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=14FF4DNE8JVX7DM475BK#3

The top-selling m43 is the E-P3, and it comes in 44th. According to this list, even the Nikon J1 is outselling the m43 cameras.

Latest threads

Top Bottom