1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

[EXPIRED] micro 4/3 lens adapters for TAMRON HEXANON and ZUIKO 4/3 lenses

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by mazubo, Jan 5, 2012.

1. mazubo

mazubo New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Jan 5, 2012
    Hi All! This is my first post in this Forum; Happy New Year!

I was given a bunch of stuff over the holidays including an Olympus Pen E-PL1, as well as

a) Tamron 35-80mm f2.8-3.8 Adaptall 2 lens

b) Konica Hexanon AR 50mm f1.4, Konica Hexanon AR 50mm f1.7, and Konica Hexanon AR 28mm f3.5

c) Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm f/2.8

From what i know (i may be wrong) is that the above lenses fit 4/3 cameras, and I would need a m4/3 adapter for them to fit my Olympus epl1.

Any advice, and options to purchase said adapters will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mac

2. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    The Konica Hexanons had their own "AR" mount (not the same as 4/3 camera mount) - you will need a Konica AR - m4/3 adapter to attach them to your E-PL1. They can be purchased online for $15-25 under Chinese brands like RainbowImaging and Fotodiox. Hope you enjoy them, if they're in good condition those are excellent lenses!

3. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Dec 16, 2009
    Yes, all of those lenses will fit on M43.

Rainbow Imaging and Fotodiox are the two main brands available. There are VERY expensive adapters for Contax and Leica, but I've never understood the value in them.

Amazon has a pretty good selection, and RainbowImagaing sells direct and on ebay. To be honest, it's usually a better deal to look for a lens + adapter combo on sites like this. You can often get them at such a price that the adapter is "thrown in" for free.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_s...21&h=df4fbde0a02fb66c402628115fda5ea2ec16a783

RainbowImaging

4. mazubo

mazubo New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Jan 5, 2012
    Wow, thanks for the quick replies! I saw the ones on eBay and was curious of the quality of them..... I'll go ahead and order from eBay then.

Thanks for the great information!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

5. mazubo

mazubo New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Jan 5, 2012
    does anyone know if the hexanon and zuiko m4/3 lens adapters as discussed above will fit each other? Or do I buy separate lens adapters?? I'm going off information a local store gave me over the phone.....
    Thanks a lot!

6. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    The Zuiko Digital 25mm f/2.8 is a 4/3 lens and requires a 4/3 to m4/3 adapter. Both Olympus and Panasonic make one. You can find them for $100-150.

The Konicas have their own mount that can be modified to fit 4/3 cameras but they are not the same. The appropriate Konica to m4/3 adapter is much easier than modifying the lenses to work on the 4/3 to m4/3 adapter.

7. mazubo

mazubo New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Jan 5, 2012
    @fredlong thank you very much! And thanks for sharing :)